Hyundai EValuate

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Nov 19, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. A new program from Hyundai (via Turo) to rent an EV, try before you buy with most of the rental cost rebated toward purchase.:)

"Try an EV, before you buy an EV.
    EValuate allows you to rent it, drive it, live with it and when you’re ready to commit to one of our electric vehicles, we’ll offset most, if not all the rental fee against the purchase price."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now if only this program could be utilized toward extended warranty repair delays;)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    Genevamech likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

I like the idea of renting as sort of extended test drive. Butts-in-seats is really important IMHO. Extra interesting in the fine print, is the rebate extends to family members living at the same address. I guess they're hoping everyone will want to take it for a spin and someone will bite...

What I don't see in the fine print is clarification of the phrase "to offset most, if not all the rental cost" ... under what circumstances/what costs would not be reimbursed? Perhaps DCFC fees?

Lastly, I wonder what if any provision/recommendations are made for charging rented EVs. If the goal is to evaluate everyday life with an EV, having a Level 2 charge point is potentially a big part of that picture. I can't imagine a rental would come with anything other than the L1 cord though. I know Hertz rents EVs but I don't know how they handle this either, much less "Gig Economy" rental service Turo.