Electricity Use screen

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FrankiEV, Mar 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FrankiEV

FrankiEV New Member

I have the 2020 Preferred model Kona Electric. Can someone explain what the "Battery Care" section on the Electricity Use screen means? I drive in a cold climate and have the Winter Mode checked however it has always displayed 0kW. Is this some feature I don't have in the Preferred model?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

Hint, specify your market because features do vary from one to another.

According to the 2019 US manual:

'Battery care' shows the momentary power and energy consumption which are used when:
    • Operating the winter mode to increase the battery temperature during winter to improve the driving performance.
    • Cooling down the battery temperature during summer to prevent over temperature of the battery.

Search "winter mode" here to find much useful information on that mysterious checkbox.

Not mentioned in the manual is the heating of the battery while plugged in, to optimize charging. It’s all explained in this thread.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  4. FrankiEV

FrankiEV New Member

Thanks SkookumPete, forgot to mention it's a Canadian vehicle. And thank you for the link to the very detailed thread explaining winter mode. I guess I've never seen any Battery Care kW because I rarely use a Fast Charger and don't often go below 33% SoC. I guessed I didn't have the feature because I don't have a heated garage and it's regularly been colder than -15C through this winter.