Disassemble interior gear shift panel

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Timbomac, Mar 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Timbomac

Timbomac New Member

Hey folks

wondering if anyone can help me with instructions on how to remove the plastic paneling around the gear shift buttons. My wonderful kids squirted ketchup packets in the “D” and “R” buttons to dip French fries (clearly was not in the car! Ha). While a pretty ingenious move given the cup-like nature of the buttons, I’m afraid I’ll need to remove buttons for cleaning.

appreciate the advice.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. If you know anyone with experience installing aftermarket head units or other sorts of customization, they might be able to suss out the plastic latch situation in that area. There should be a sequence of trim removal possibly involving screws to get the stuff off.
    Look in one of the threads of the pre-delivery inspection for the Honda document that shows the molding around the buttons being installed prior to delivery.

4. Cash Traylor

Cash Traylor Well-Known Member

For $10 a day all your diagrams can be found here: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

I have not yet had to take the center console apart. It will have snap clips along the edges and likely a couple hidden screws on the bottom somewhere. You probably need a spudger and plastic panel pry tool (amazon usually is the easiest but they are having difficulties now so if a Harbor Fright is near you may be quicker). Good luck, feel your pain - have creative kids too. My youngest would have used it for a paint cup! Think I need to review "fear of God" with them again now that you posted this! Most of us here post the technical treasures we find on techinfo after our projects to help others. Sorry, just haven't done that and I don't have an active subscription right now.

Cheers,

Cash

Domenick and insightman like this.
  5. Timbomac

Timbomac New Member

Will do, thanks for the tip - appreciate

6. Timbomac

Timbomac New Member

Haha, love the paint idea - similar concept. I’ll post once I figure it out

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Domenick and Cash Traylor like this.