Dealer attention to detail

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by KClark, Oct 6, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KClark

KClark Active Member

I've had my 2018 base model for 3.5 years. Since the beginning the airflow in the cabin didn't seem right. I would hear the sound of rushing air yet some of the vents seemed to have little airflow. The A/C would stay on high forever yet struggled to cool things down. The few times I was in really cold weather (I live in LA) there seemed to be cold air leaks coming from the dash.

I had two different dealers check this out and both told me everything was normal. About 18 months ago I had the change cabin filter maintenance reminder when I had the oil changed but I told the dealer I would do it. I really intended to do it but then I procrastinated and then I forgot. A few months ago the cabin air filter reminder came up again and this time I ordered one from Amazon. When I dropped the glove compartment door down to expose the filter I discovered that the snap on cover to the cabin filter was sitting there unattached to the filter housing. All of this time the airflow was pouring out through the open cover instead of being directed through the filter.

Now that I've replaced the filter and snapped on the cover the A/C works better and the vents have more airflow, I haven't been in cold weather yet to see if the cold air leaks have disappeared. In hindsight this seems to be something so obvious that I should have thought of checking this but never having done the filter replacement before it never occurred to me, but it should have occurred to those dealers when I explained my problem. Just one more thing to love about them.

And for a first timer it took me about 1 minute to disengage the glove compartment door, no tools required, replace the filter and re-engage the door. A few years ago my wife had the dealer change the cabin filter on her Odyssey and they charged her $109, I was at a Honda dealer in St. George UT for an emergency repair on that Odyssey last week and they had an advertised special, only $70 to change it. So buy a $12 filter on Amazon, spend 60 seconds to change it and save yourself $60-100.

2. To remove this ad click here.