DCFC rampdown

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by hobbit, Oct 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

I did a session at a generic EVGo 50kW charger yesterday, only because I was away from home, fairly low and had
    some time to kill. Nominally 45 - 46 kW as I usually get from these installations; I think the rest of the 50 goes out the
    back of the unit as heat. Anyway, I got a nice running graph of the current ramp-down that starts right at 75% indicated SOC.
    lo1.png
    The purple is the pack current, divided by ten in this case for some scaling adaptation. The red and green
    are the highest/lowest cell figures from the BMS, again never varying more than .02V even with about 120A
    going into the pack [about a 2/3 C rate], with the min/max cell numbers jumping around in a fairly healthy
    way. We *want* the BMS to show that no one cell is out of sorts! Output dropped to around 30 kW as the first
    step of rampdown, until I got tired of waiting around and killed the session. The subtle curvature of the cell-voltage
    lines is kind of interesting -- crested 4V under load, and settled back to a little less once stopped.

_H*

2. To remove this ad click here.