Cummins buys Brammo, electric truck play gets gravitas

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by Domenick, Oct 16, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Remember when heavy equipment manufacturer Cummins recently unveiled its all-electric semi tractor, the AEOS? If there were any doubts about the company's seriousness about battery-powered vehicles, this acquisition of Brammo should put them to rest.

Brammo, once an electric motorcycle manufacturer sold off that business to Polaris and began to focus on battery packaging. It's highest profile pack prior to this was for a helicopter.

I have no doubt in my mind that the AEOS concept used a pack developed by Brammo. With this move, you can be sure that there will be more EVs Cummin(s). :p

Here's a link to the official press release.

[​IMG]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. While Cummins used a semi tractor to make a big splash about its electrification efforts, its first all-electric commercial vehicle will be a transit bus. Then, it will use it in off-road and materials handling vehicles (think fork lifts). This bit of info comes courtesy of Julie Furber, who heads Cummins Electrification Business, and which I earned from watching this short clip below produced, ironically (on several levels), by some outfit called Diesel Progress.

4. Brammofan

Brammofan New Member

It was just a matter of time, I suppose, before the partial liquidation (selling the motorcycle division to Polaris) was completed. Sure was a fun ride for awhile. I mean, it still is when I ride my Enertia, but you know what I mean.

Domenick likes this.
  5. I would still love to have an Enertia Plus.

6. Brammofan

Brammofan New Member

I'd love to have an Empulse, but if you read my forum, you'll see that problems are cropping up and owners have trouble getting parts and assistance.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I need to stop by Brammo Forum myself, it's been a while. Hopefully it will be a good resource for owners with problems.