Covid is a disease of the old and sick

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SouthernDude, Nov 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

Covid is a disease of the old and sick. Full stop. This is not even questionable. The characteristics of the disease and the vaccine do not warrant the whole population to take the vaccine. This also exposes why all the lockdown measures were not effective and how they ended up making things worse. Any honest person would agree.

Report from the hyper-super-credible CDC:
    Characteristics of Persons Who Died with COVID-19 — United States, February 12–May 18, 2020
    [not the most up to date, it shows risk without vaccine]

Demographic and clinical data about COVID-19 cases are reported to CDC from 50 states, the District of Columbia, New York City, and U.S. territories using a standardized case-report form (case-based surveillance) or in aggregate. Data on 52,166 deaths from 47 jurisdictions among persons with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were reported individually to CDC via case-based surveillance during February 12–May 18, 2020. ...[useless race crap] 79.6% were aged ≥65 years, ...[more useless race crap]... Median decedent age was 78 years (interquartile range (IQR) = 67–87 years). [this is literally the average life expectancy lol] Because information about underlying medical conditions was missing for the majority of these decedents (30,725; 58.9%), data regarding medical conditions were not analyzed further using the case-based surveillance data set. Because most decedents reported to the supplementary data program were also reported to case-based surveillance, no statistical comparisons of the decedent characteristics between the data sets were made.

At least one underlying medical condition was reported for 8,134 (76.4%) of decedents for whom supplementary data were collected, including 83.1% of decedents aged <65 years. Overall, the most common underlying medical conditions were cardiovascular disease (60.9%), diabetes mellitus (39.5%), chronic kidney disease (20.8%), and chronic lung disease (19.2%) (Table 2). Among decedents aged <65 years, 83.1% had one or more underlying medical conditions. Among decedents aged ≥85 years, 69.5% had one or more underlying medical conditions. Diabetes was more common among decedents aged <65 years (49.6%) than among those aged ≥85 years (25.9%).

If this were acknowledged by the media and the rest of the people in charge, then more sensible polices could have been implemented that respected the freedoms of extremely low risk people while doing actual things that would work for the vulnerable groups. It realistically only makes sense for the old and sick to take the vaccine.

Too bad the people supporting the current narrative are self-righteous narcissists - that way you know that no humble admissions of mistakes and better policy would have ever followed

CasesAgesDeathsTable.png

Some more context ^
    Since the beginning of all this only 2.5% of the deaths have been younger than 40 - this doesn't even break out by underlying conditions yet. The absolute risk for my age group (30-39) is stupidly low with just the known cases. Can guarantee that the actual number is way higher too.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e1.htm
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SouthernDude

Number of cases that is.

4. I don't dispute your facts and that your age group may be at very low risk if you are healthy otherwise. But what about everyone else you might be putting at risk if you do catch and carry the virus? Isn't it better to try and get everyone vaccinated to try and achieve herd immunity to eradicate the virus? Otherwise it will keep circulating and the old and vulnerable will always be at risk, and maybe current vaccines may not work as well against some future variant.

I know we have discussed this before in an older thread. But you certainly didn't convince me of this aspect.

John Lumsden and bwilson4web like this.
  5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm fairly sanguine about @SouthernDude who reminds me:

As former Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli once said: “There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.” And the same is as true today as when he first coined the phrase, . . .

If someone wants to follow @SouthernDude nonsense, works for me. He really seeks to kill Americans with this nonsense. Hopefully, his family, especially the younger ones, will pay the price of his posts. The 'Darwin' bill. I've known for a long time people who only learn from painful experience.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  6. Bob, I wish you wouldn't keep attacking SD. It serves no purpose and just interrupts meaningful discussions. If you want to to join the discussion, please address his content and argue the facts. Otherwise you are just hurting the credibility of our side of the argument.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Fixed that for ya. You're presuming a good faith exchange. American hospitals, particularly in the Southeast are again overcapacity with what is now entirely preventable.

We're past the point where proof of vaccination should be required for lifesaving, heroic measures.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/unvaccinated-covid-patients-cost-the-u-s-health-system-billions-of-dollars/

9. SouthernDude

Covid, like the flu, cannot be eradicated with mass vaccination. This is why mass vaccination has never been enforced for the flu nor does it make sense for covid.

Plus, herd immunity can be achieved by people getting the virus as well, so the same thing could be achieved by vaccinating the old and sick and then letting the young and healthy to get the virus. So why is this an invalid method?

If I have to get a vaccine for bob's vaccine to work, then it begs the question on the effectiveness of the vaccine.

So far, nobody has explained to me why its necessary for the young and healthy to take the covid vaccine but not necessary for them to take the flu vaccine, even though both viruses and their vaccines have similar characteristics. This makes no sense.

That reasoning is backwards. Think about it. If the whole population gets vaccinated, the virus strains/variants that gets left behind will be the ones more resistant to the vaccine. This is basic evolution game theory.

Remember, the characteristics of covid parallel that of the flu - both are respiratory diseases, they mutate quickly, both vaccines are not 100% effective and there are significant number of breakthrough cases, they are mostly lethal to the old and unhealthy and relatively minor for the young and healthy.

10. SouthernDude

lol. You still can't engage honestly.

11. bwilson4web

<MEGA SIGH>
    • "Covid is a disease of the old and sick." - bald faced lie and @SouthernDude should know better! But honesty and truth is not required to post nonsense.
    Source: https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku
    https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku/data
    upload_2021-11-13_21-1-18.png

Perhaps @R P you should do your own work and research the liar @SouthernDude false claims. He is not your friend nor friend to any USA citizen ... much less the world. He posts lies like a FOX.

Bob Wilson

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SouthernDude

This study is garbage because it doesn't break out risk by age and health status.

lol. heroic. So you are another propagandized idiot.

14. SouthernDude

Holy crap. WTF is wrong with this table? It's all jumbled up and there are multiple overlaps in the age ranges. lol. Try reading the table before you post it. Geez. Basic stuff Mr. Science. lol
    Never accuse me of butchering data when you can't even get a decent table together. Pathetic. This is also provisional data, which isn't finalized, which means they have corrected for errors etc.

upload_2021-11-13_21-28-7.png

upload_2021-11-13_21-29-55.png

This literally is a disease that targets the old and unhealthy.

15. bwilson4web

Deadly liar:
    The SARS-CoV-2 virus attacks any unvaccinated humans regardless of age. Unvaccinated outcomes vary based upon any and all medical conditions including age and genetics. The vaccines are 66-94% effective which means 1 of 3 or 1 of 10 will suffer COVID-19 disease (ask Mr Google for source.)

There are tests and early treatment protocols that can mitigate the worst of COVID-19. But these are orders of magnitude more expensive and less effective than getting a vaccination.

Personally, I agree with Kieth:

Cowardice is just as evident as @SouthernDude lies like a FOX.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  16. SouthernDude

lel. Moving the goal post again are you? The whole conversation is about hospitalizations and deaths, not merely getting the virus itself. It is very clear from the data that hospitalizations and deaths are overwhelmingly with unvaccinated people who are old or unhealthy and that its rare for unvaccinated young and healthy people to actually be in the hospital or die from the virus. Why can't you admit that? (even then, the vaccinated old die more than the unvaccinated young and healthy lol)

You act like an unvaccinated young and healthy person is fated to die or be hospitalized. What on earth possesses you to think this way? You act like a healthy 30 yr old has the same risk as an unhealthy 70 yr old. This obviously untrue.

17. bwilson4web

Fair enough as we know you are a liar(*) trying to kill Americans with false COVID-19 claims. You are FOX disgusting. The only mitigation is how many Republican voters are dying:
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/red-covid-coronavirus-deaths-are-highest-in-counties-with-the-largest-share-of-trump-voters-report-11632764116

The gap in the COVID-19 death toll between red and blue America grew faster over the past month than at any previous point in the pandemic, according to a new report featured in the New York Times morning newsletter on Monday. It noted that 25 out of every 100,000 residents in counties that heavily voted for President Donald Trump last November died from COVID in October, which was more than three times higher than the rate in heavily Joe Biden counties (7.8 per 100,000). And October was the fifth straight month when the gap between COVID deaths in Trump and Biden counties widened.

Bob Wilson

* - one alternative hypothesis is beyond stupid, a fool.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  18. SouthernDude

Seethe harder. You have yet to prove me wrong. You are too much of a coward to even try. pitiful

19. bwilson4web

Your posting are your lies. Regardless:
    upload_2021-11-13_23-58-11.png

A proud, partisan Democrat, dying Republicans following your postings works for me. Just I am subject to 'breakthrough' infections from these COVID-19 carriers. So I use a mask when shopping and wash hands as needed.

When eating, I'm as far away as possible and move when my space is invaded. Your lies simply advance our species by taking out the idiots who follow @SouthernDude .

Bob Wilson

20. SouthernDude

lol so nothing then. Please move away from the southeast and take your poisonous ego with you.

21. bwilson4web

It doesn't matter where any liar posts from ... Dixie, Leningrad, Brazil, or Murdoch's home town or a FOX studio.

Source: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/07/13/truth/

Besides, as the vilest Writer has his Readers, so the greatest Liar has his Believers; and it often happens, that if a Lie be believ’d only for an Hour, it has done its Work, and there is no farther occasion for it. Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it; so that when Men come to be undeceiv’d, it is too late; the Jest is over, and the Tale has had its Effect… - Jonathan Swift

One irony of the modern world was the collapse of Communism. Although many reasons have been cited, the Russians finally had enough to the lies spread by their government. . . . But there appears to be a relapse.

Bob Wilson

22. bwilson4web

My first thought was to share this with our good friend, @SouthernDude who may have a need:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/14/covid-vaccine-mandate-detox-borax-bath

In one TikTok video that has received hundreds of thousands of views, Carrie Madej, an osteopath based in Georgia, falsely claims a bath containing baking soda, epsom salts and the cleaning agent borax will “detox the vaxx” from anyone who has received a jab.
    . . .
    Anti-vaccine groups have also claimed self-administered cupping – an alternative therapy involving suction that has no proven benefits – can remove the effects of Covid vaccines. Social media posts providing instructions on how to “un-inject” a vaccine have been shared.
    . . .

There are the traditional unvaxx cures:
    [​IMG]

Or perhaps:
    [​IMG]

A Southern favorite:
    [​IMG]

Bob Wilson

23. If I look at SD's data, and your articles, all it says to me is that more old people vote conservative, which doesn't surprise me. And yes, there are counties with more old people in them. And old people probably distrust the govt more than other age groups. They have seen it all.

Bob, you are not helping our argument to get everyone vaccinated. Get politics and your muck raking out of the discussion, deal with the crux of the discussion. SD does not support vaccination for all because he believes we cannot eradicate the virus. Deal with that.