Check battery condition?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ohliuw, Jan 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

Just out of curiosity- How much does it cost at the stealerships? Also, can we do do it ourselves - e.g. if we get the software from tech info etc?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Check out this thread.

4. Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  5. The price starts at free and goes up from there. I’ll be asking for the report at the next scheduled oil change and tire rotation, which should be in March. One year and ~7500 miles, mostly EV. At $64 it’s a bargain and I don’t have to lift a finger.

I’ll be at a bit of a disadvantage since it will not be the dealer from which I bought the car. It’s unlikely that the car will ever see the selling dealer as it was delivered to Oregon from a CA dealer.

The dealer may be reluctant to include the battery capacity test with such a minor service, even though it is a quick and easy process for them. If so, I’ll wait until a more costly service is due. After 17 months and 13,500 miles, roughly 10K in EV, there are no indications of battery degradation.

Ohliuw likes this.
  6. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

cool, I will try to get them to do it next time I do oil change and brake lube.
    I don’t have any problems, but we go from full to zero every day as the round trip is about 70km.

I think the manufacturer should be obliged to provide this info to the client fee of charge - whether it’s an app or whatever. After all, it’s your battery and you have the right to know what the condition of the battery is

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

In my opinion, this parameter needs to be part of the normal infotainment display. It would have been trivial to include it there, but I think Honda was motivated to 'hide' this in order to give themselves more control over the warranty of one of the most critical (and expensive) components in the vehicle.

insightman likes this.