Charging suddenly stops on DC charger

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by juliano76, Aug 22, 2019.

1. juliano76

juliano76 New Member

This days I'm having hard times making my car charging on ABB DC fast chargers as it abruptly stop charging few minutes after it initiate charging process. Trying everything possible that could come to my mind but no success.

20190822_090949.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Inside EVs mobile app

electriceddy likes this.
  2. BlueKonaEV

BlueKonaEV Active Member

Sounds like an issue with the charger.. I have had similar issues at certain chargers. It's likely not an issue with the car..

ehatch and Domenick like this.
  3. electriceddy

electriceddy Well-Known Member

This one is easy- Firmware upgrade to the ABB CJ type machine:
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/bc-hydro-stations.5252/page-2#post-59257

Find the network and /or maintenance in charge and advise them of this- Plugshare check ins do work as well as most monitor them.
    Note: since firmware upgrade the DCFC machines work with Kona.

ehatch and Kitsilano like this.
  4. Murry

Murry New Member

Juli, try the Fines charger next to Okrajna to check if it’s ABB’s chargers or the car

5. juliano76

juliano76 New Member

Unfortunately in our country we have only ABB chargers

6. Murry

Murry New Member

7. juliano76

juliano76 New Member

I'm sure the issue is with the charger and almost sure Fines will work flawlessly. The big problem is that we need much more of those in highways and other big cities

8. Murry

Murry New Member

FYI we’ve figured out the issues started happening after the e-tron started using those chargers.

9. electriceddy

electriceddy Well-Known Member

Always seems when a new car comes out, the machines need a firmware upgrade otherwise causing errors. (ABB at least) At least they have hopefully figured it out.;)

10. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

there is also an issue with the car.

mine randomly stops charging on AC 240V chargers as well at funny percentages like 79%, 84% etc. happened several times on different chargers.

unplug and replug and charging starts again.