Charging my KONA

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by John McLellan, Nov 2, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. On a Level 2 charger. Can I unplug the charger without stopping the charge?
    At a public charging station and run out of time before fully charge or if I want to leave early
    Can I just unplug it or should I stop the charge. If I stop the charge How do I do this?

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Unlock the car doors and then you have 15 seconds to pull out the charger plug.

4. I tend to use the bluelink app to stop charging. But if you unlock and open the door you should be able to disconnect within a number of seconds. Not sure how long - because as I say I use bluelink app.

5. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

It feels a bit shorter than 15 seconds, but I haven't timed it... but as said, if you unlock the car (I use the keyfob) the green ring will turn white, and you have a short window to unplug it before it locks the cord again. You may need to "double click" which unlocks all the doors, but you should see the ring turn white, and that's your chance.

6. Great
    Thanks Guys

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. If the public EVSE L2 charge session is initiated with an RFID card (such as Chargepoint or FLO) the session can be terminated by tapping the card to the card reader location, but you may still have to lock/unlock the doors to remove the J1772 connector from the charge port on your car.
    You can also set the maximum percent charge level to a level lower than your present SOC (in the center screen tap battery) and that will also disengage the charge relay allowing you to remove the connector.