change km to miles in kia app and portal

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by CR EV, Nov 12, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

In the Niro EV itself, my range is shown in miles. In the Kia owner's portal and the Kia app (android version), range is shown in kilometers, not miles. This is not a big deal, but it bugs me that there doesn't seem to be a way to change this. Any work-around or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Seagull

Seagull New Member

BC
    On the Kia App (UVO version UVO.PRD.1.12.0) at the top there are 3 bars to the left of "Remote Services".
    1. Touch the 3 bars to bring up the menu,
    2. Scroll down to bottom. Touch "Settings", and
    3. Here you can set the units including distance.
    This works on Android phone.

If your using another app, please let me know. The UVO app is the only I know of.

4. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

My Kia app is version 3.4.0. Under settings, I have personal (my info), communication preferences (how they should contact me with promotions and such), and uvo notification (maintenance alerts, remote alerts, car zone alerts). Nothing about km or miles. Will check and see if there is another app in the play store, but think I got what they had...

5. Seagull

Seagull New Member

BC
    Looks like you have a different app. In Canada the only Kia app we have is called UVO by Kia Canada. In the past I've come across apps that only work in one country and Google Play restricts the downs to just that country.
    When I go online I use MyUVO.ca. That's the Canadian version. There under "Account" and "PREFERENCE SETTINGS", I can change the units.

6. Seagull

Seagull New Member

BC
    Assuming your in the US. I found two Kia America apps: Kia Access and UVO eServices. Both are significantly different than what I have. From your description, it sounds like you're using Kia Access. The UVO eServices is a direct link to UVO to monitor your car which may be better. If it's like the Canadian one it not fully functional with EVs.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

the Uvo eServices is just a guide to setting up UVO in the car...pretty worthless, actually....

9. wizziwig

wizziwig Active Member

Assuming you're in the USA and using Kia Access android app? I think you will find that the km/miles will toggle randomly if you keep using it long enough. Maybe force closing app will make it switch to miles again (at least temporarily). Baffling how this hasn't been fixed after months and many revisions of the app. Could also be a bug with the Niro side of the software which periodically uploads data to the server that the app connects with. In that case, it may never get fixed since Kia USA isn't releasing any software updates for the car.

10. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

I submitted a report and they replied:
    "Thanks for contacting KIA UVO! We are working on this concern. Hopefully, next app release 3.5.0 will take care of this concern - We will advise of further information after 11-20 Update."

Of course, I have no idea if this will mean anything. Guess we'll find out after Wed.

11. wizziwig

wizziwig Active Member

Surprised they replied. Where did you submit the report?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Through the app, I believe. Yeah, I was surprised, too. I now realize that they might been referring to November 2020!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

14. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Well, the app did update, which resulted in some cosmetic changes that are mildly better. It seemed to stick to miles until last night . . .