Can Multiple Drivers Use Mini App?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by stw203, Jun 29, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. stw203

stw203 Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to have multiple drivers (i.e. me and my wife) install and use the Mini App (we use Android, if it matters)? If yes, does my wife just need to install it and register with the car's VIN, or do I (as the primary driver and already connected to the car) need to give permission somehow?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rustybones

rustybones Member

The mini app requires you to create an account, you could download the app onto multiple phones and sign in with the same account without creating and registering a new vehicle each time. On a related note, key fobs are also linked to your driver profile within the Mini infotainment system and is enabled with the unlock button.

For more info, check page 5:

http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/connecteddrive/pdf/FAQ_BMW_Connected.pdf

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    CrazyLegs17 likes this.
  4. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think someone on here tried and said only one account per VIN. So I think you'd have to log into both phones and then in theory it should work.

5. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

That would be in sync with other apps that allow the same account on different phones, one account, shared by a household.

6. -Amanda

-Amanda Active Member

From the MINI app FAQ IMG_3621.JPG

rustybones likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I had to call MINI in order to complete my wife's registration. Same VIN, different email account/password.

9. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

I know on the 2 keys of our BMW it knows when I drive with my key and husband with his key. However, not with the 2 keys of the Mini….it does ‘ask’ who is the driver but doesn’t seem to make a difference what key I use. We have the 23 Mini SE with iconic trim.