BT song metadata not displaying

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by rickyrsx, Nov 8, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

I just got an iPhone 12 and running iOS 14.2 but after pairing to BT, I don't get any song information on the screen now. It used to work fine for my iPhone 7. I tried unpairing and then repairing. I tried unpairing, rebooting the audio unit, then repairing. I tried unpairing, toggling off/on BT on phone, then repairing but still doesn't work. I can still control volume and forward or replay songs but the only thing that shows on the display is the name of my phone. I was wondering if there is an update to the audio unit for download? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

When you say unpairing, do you mean just removing the car from the phone? Try the other way around (remove the phone from the car).

4. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

That's what I've been doing. I've been deleting the phone from the car. I just noticed one thing though. Under BT connections on my phone, I used to have something called "Car Multimedia" but it's not there. I only have "HandsFreeLink" showing up. Anyone remember how to pair the Car Multimedia?

5. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Never seen anything but HandsFreeLink (on Android and a 2018)

6. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

You’re right. The “Car Multimedia” is for my wife’s other car. I’m an idiot. o_O

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

Your best source for finding a solution is to go to the iPhone community on the Apple support site.

9. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

Yep...did that. No replies yet.

10. A setting buried somewhere in the phone. Since the 7 worked and nothing changed in the car that's where I'd be looking. I'm an Android user so I can't help any more than that.