BC Hydro Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rate (2021)

Discussion in 'General' started by DJP, Mar 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DJP

DJP Active Member

Email received from BC Hydro today:

Please find attached BCUC Order No. G-89-21.The document is provided to you in compliance with Directive No. 5b of the BCUC Order.

Link to BCUC Website

Exhibit A-2 is loaded.

If you want to comment on this, here's what they say

For more information about the Application, please visit the Proceeding Webpage on bcuc.com under “Regulatory Activities – Current Proceedings.”
    HOW TO PARTICIPATE
    • Submit a letter of comment
    • Register as an interested party
    • Request intervener status
    IMPORTANT DATES
    • Wednesday, April 14, 2021 – Deadline to register as an intervener with the BCUC
    • Monday, May 17, 2021 – Deadline to submit a letter of comment to provide feedback on the Application
    For more information on getting involved, please visit our website (www.bcuc.com/get-involved) or contact us at the information below.

Attached Files:

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It couldn't be free forever, I would like to see a rate $0.01 above the current supercharger rate. If this list is still current:
    https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/canadian-tesla-supercharging-price-list/
    that would put it at $0.15 / minute (on a 50 kW charger) which are predominantly on the island.
    I don't mind paying a bit more for the QC convenience for longer distance travelling.
    Thanks for the link and I will submit FWIW.

mho and DJP like this.
  4. DJP

DJP Active Member

BC Hydro did a survey in the past year and many respondents asked for the fees to be based in the actual power consumed. Apparently Measurements Canada hasn't come up with a way to measure this. It's difficult to believe this considering power consumption has been measured from all kinds of sources for a long time.

Here's a quote from their website (https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/mc-mc.nsf/eng/lm04949.html):
    "In the next 18 months, we expect to allow existing and new electric vehicle (EV) charging stations that meet established technical standards to charge based on kilowatt-hours (kWh) consumed. We will do this by continuing to work closely with industry and monitoring requirements other countries are developing, as well as advances and innovations in EV charging station technologies. The requirements will be performance-based to minimize costs and regulatory burden for EV charging station operators, while ensuring consumers receive accurate and reliable measurement, and protection against unfair practices."

I'm looking forward to that!

electriceddy likes this.