Base model "chargers near me"

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by victor_2019, Jun 9, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

I have the base ("preferred" in canada) model without the built-in navigation system ( the 7" screen instead of the 8")

The screen has this "chargers near me" option but nothing shows up...

How does this work exactly?

I'm reading the user manual online but there's nothing in there, and it refers to a "multimedia manual" which i can't seem to find

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I see it show a charger most times and then I see a list when I click the icon. But then I can't select anything in the list. Most likely because there is no NAV system to launch to. Seems pretty useless to me other than to know there are chargers around and then use your phone to actually locate...or aimlessly drive watching to see if the km to goes down ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. Kitsilano

Kitsilano Active Member

Easy to find chargers via apps: PlugShare, ChargeHub, ChargePoint, etc.

5. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, the data is so old (even after the recent update) that you're not missing anything.

6. I have a "base" model too, 7", no NAV, Irish spec but in NZ. Easy to spot because it has a stick antenna instead of the shark's fin. No "chargers near me" option however.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tbh when I read the spec list of the ultimate that was one of the main reasons I went with the preferred over the ultimate. The “upgrades” are rather stale and heavily overpriced. Navigation? Car play and android auto are standard and I would never use anything other then my Apple maps or google maps from my phone. Consistent service. Glad I didn’t after reading people’s reviews of the horribly out of data navigation. plugshare is being integrated into google maps in Canada shortly to boot.

9. Same. I got the preferred instead. I wish I could replace that widget with something else since it is so outdated.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk