Anyone sold their SE?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Smart Wannabe, Nov 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Smart Wannabe

Smart Wannabe Member

Just curious. Seems like everyone wants it. So i am thinking of selling mine. It feels like a big mistake now. Love the car and everything. But i already got my eye on a different car. So don’t want to continue to finance this one.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Please, you can't leave us wondering what different car you have your eye on (and give us an idea why you want it more).

Columbus, Ohio, chiropractor Adam Solomon, who on 3/9/20 won the 1st US SE in the Amazon Sweepstakes, sold his car soon after he acquired it. I entered the sweepstakes and then "persuaded" my friends to also enter and swear they'd sell me the car cheap. Didn't work out for me. I doubt Adam really pined for an electric MINI when he entered the sweepstakes.

upload_2021-11-19_21-36-46.png

There are almost always a few used ones available (without the $7,500 tax rebate) online at steep prices. You should do well with your SE. One forum member simply mentioned to someone he was thinking of getting a newer SE and the grapevine brought him a buyer for his 2021 SE without him having to even think about advertising it.

4. Smart Wannabe

Smart Wannabe Member

Oh yeah. Forgot about the government credit. Wonder if it means that i have to give back the money. I am from Canada.
    Anyway, the one that i got my eyes on now is the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo. Start saving now. But will really have to see given so many issues with that car (Taycan forums seem to be flooded with issues). Maybe by the time i saved up, they would have fix those issues and have a more Panamera like real seats.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If a Taycan floats your boat, it's easy to see why the MINI Electric would seem like a small potato. I like the looks of the Audi version of the Taycan better, but both are too big for me and Huron River Drive.

6. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I'm way too cheap to buy a new Porsche and then drive it in Canada with all of that salt on the roads.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

IMO, that's a "don't buy the first version" car. Whereas the Mini is a fully realized and complete product from the get-go.

9. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

If memory serves, Nigel @ The EV Puzzle youtube channel sold his SE a month ago for around $1,000 under what he paid for it.

DisgruntledSanta likes this.
  10. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

And that was to a reseller; they will likely be selling it for a nice “market adjustment” I believe dealers are calling it these days

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

GvilleGuy likes this.