Any ideas where to find rear bumper cover (grey)?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ohliuw, Oct 30, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

Any places to look for rear bumper cover (grey)? I am in Canada, but can pickup around or ship to NewEngland. New bumper cover sells for ~$350US, plus it will cost about $200 to paint it.

some junkyards, salvaged stuff?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

$350 + $200 doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.
    Sometimes you can find salvaged parts on eBay but it is hit or miss.
    Right now, there are two listed on eBay ($450, and $499), but they are both in California and they state 'local pickup only'.
    One of them happens to be grey, but again, local pickup only: https://www.ebay.com/itm/225046064646

If you can get it new (and painted) for $550, it seems like that is the way to go.

4. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

The problem is that my Body Shop guy is in Montreal… the price for the part is in US (in Canada for some reason they have set the price to $1000US).
    So I need to ship it close to the border and pick it up (need a big vehicle), then bring it to my guy, etc etc.

Ideally, I’d get it painted and then shipped, and simply swap it at the pickup point (10 min job)

the problem is that the dealers I contacted don’t paint - just ship the part.

5. SSpiffy

SSpiffy Member

Order it in primer, pop off your current one, cross the border and pop on the new one, drive home, swap them and have your guy paint the new one.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

I saw it, but shipping is more than the bumper itself. Nuts