AC whistling sound on 2022 model

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by DZetko, Apr 29, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DZetko

DZetko New Member

Last week I took delivery of the 2022 Hyundai Kona Electric. When I use the AC cooling function, I can hear a whistling sound which is definitely not of the usual frequency (when using the heating function it doesn't make this sound). I went to the Hyundai shop without prior booking so they just quickly listened to that sound and asserted that it truly seems a bit off.

Has anyone faced similar issues so far?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DZetko

DZetko New Member

UPDATE: I went to the dealer after some time and it turns out the factory didn't put in enough (if any) cooling agent into the A/C system's pipes. That created the whistling sound. The repair took about one hour and was covered by the warranty here in Czech Republic.

electriceddy and markintosh13 like this.
  4. It might pay to mark the level on the reservoir with a felt, just in case it lowers (they might have just topped it up with the flow valves closed) when the cooling system initiates on the next DC Charge, just a thought.;)

5. I think the OP meant refrigerant rather than coolant :)

6. herode10

herode10 Member

I have an AC refrigerant leak on my Kona and I get an intermittent whistling noise as well. The faulty component is backorder.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

At least they're using R-1234yf now, which is far less hard on the atmosphere than even R134a.

_H*

KiwiME likes this.