A/C leaves a lot to be desired

Discussion in 'LYRIQ' started by Southpaw204, Aug 10, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Southpaw204

Southpaw204 New Member

Living near Austin, TX and currently experiencing the hottest summer on record. Our Lyriq A/C takes forever to cool the car when it has been sitting in the sun for 1 hour or more. Much longer than our ICE truck. I haven't approached the dealership yet to discuss, I assume they will blame the weather.

When it has been parked in the shade or garage it seems to work fine.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. There is talk about a few possible issues with the A/C. Either coolant level is low and may impact the ability to cool the battery thus robbing more cooling from the cabin, the sun sensor on the dash may not be working properly causing lower cooling performance(Try covering it with a hat or something to block the light), or there is a reversed valve in the coolant loop that needs to be fixed at the dealership.

Take a meat thermometer and stick it into the vent and see what the actual temp is coming out of the vents.

Workarounds: precondition the vehicle up to 30 minutes before you get in, consider rolling down the windows 5 minutes before you get in to let the hot air escape and help the A/C, and also turn recirculation on.

4. Update has been released that seems to resolve most issues with HVAC:

GM N23-241765.jpg

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

How does Cadillac decide which updates the owner has to pay for? I'm sure many more Lyriq owners would pay to get their AC working than would pay $1,200 to get to 60 mph 0.3 seconds quicker.

6. The HVAC issue fix is a free OTA update...

upload_2023-9-6_23-8-56.png

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.