64 million unvaccinated

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bwilson4web, Oct 25, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Heard on ‘Meet The Press,’ 64 million Americans are following @SouthernDude advice to follow the Russian plan, no vaccination. Not just Russian but Murdoch too. These are liars who like DeSantos kill foolish followers.

COVID-19 death is pretty final but for every corpse, there are many times, more wounded. The ‘long haul’ COVID-19 not dead.

Look, @R P is Canadian and shares no love for the USA. That works for me as the feeling is mutual. But I am a committed USA citizen unlike the other two. So my actions are:

1) fully vaccinated
    2) masks when shopping
    3) pay no attention to the enemies of my country and people

I follow empirical science and not the liars. If others choose a different path, let them reap the rewards of their decisions.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. What?? Are you nuts? Who says I don't like the US? We have many US friends down there. I was there on a vacation road trip to AZ last spring. And going to Maui in Dec with family and friends. You definitely have some issues down there with some whacky politicians and crime ridden cities. But I stay away from them.

BTW, where I live, we are now 90% vaccinated with the 1st dose and 84% double. We are doing very well here, thank you. Where are you with that in your state?

BTW also, I see your hero president latest poll ratings down into the mid to low 30s. So obviously the majority of Americans don't share your love of him. It seems you are the one that is out of step in your own country!!

4. bwilson4web

Well we do have Trump and his followers like @SouthernDude and his Russian followers. We have history with foolish people who refuse empirical thinking.

Like most of the South, there is a distinct lack of rational thinking. For me, life has been easy as there is no competition. Regardless, I recommend the New York Times COVID maps:
    Untitled.jpg
    The yellow circle is where I live. Work was easy because there was so little intellectual competition. Exhibit 1, @SouthernDude but Congressman Mo Brooks, Senator Tuberville, and Senator Shelby also show the low quality of mental activity. It is like being an adult in a kindergarden class.

At one time, I designed, built, and marketed a VAX/VMS performance monitor. This tool allowed users to map out where software was spending most of the CPU time so those bottlenecks could be optimized. So when I gave a training class in Toronto, using my best Southern accent I asked:

"Do you' all know why you have to convert to USA currency south of the border but the Yankees don't when in Canada?" - the room became instantly quiet.

"It is because Yankees don't have the math skills to convert currency." - we laughed and got down to the training session.

Yes I like Snowbirds, Mexicans, and pretty much any foreign visitor. I studied French in high school, Japanese in Okinawa, and appreciate the importance of "Please," "Thank You," and other phrases in the language of a visitor. But this is one of my favorite jokes:

An Alabamian on a business trip went to see the Ginza in Tokyo. Lots of lights, strange foods, and high prices, he was surprised to see a neon sign, "Roll Tide" and walked into a bar.

In a loud voice, he ordered 'A BUDWEISER AND CHICKEN FRIED STEAK!'

"SURE THING!" the bartender yelled back and put in the order. "SO WHAT BRINGS YOU HERE?"

After nearly shouting small talk at each other, the Alabama engineer asked, "CAN WE STOP SPEAKING JAPANESE?"

Stupidity is an equal opportunity employer and if you want an easy career, Dixie has little competition. A lot of my co-workers never figured out how I did it but that was never a work requirement. Like Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

As for @SouthernDude, I'm reminded of:
    • Provers 18:2, 29:11, 1:7, 10:14, 29:9, 18:7, 18:6, 15:7, 12:15 ...
    Working from the theory that even paranoids have enemies:

Russia uses 'social media' like forums to spread lies and misinformation. Whether conscious or not, @SouthernDude fits the Russian pattern ... and/or just too much Murdoch journalism. Regardless, Darwin Award candidate.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  5. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

<<<<I designed, built, and marketed a VAX/VMS performance monitor.>>>>

You is oooold

bwilson4web likes this.
  6. bwilson4web

It was based on a pseudo driver that intercepted the timer interrupts. It added the process identifier, program counter, and mode values to a buffer and then turned the interrupt over to the VMS clock service routine. At the time, a clever hack that allowed us to diagnose and fix a lot of performance problems.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

lol.

Me: Why don't we ever see a graph that shows mortality broken out by age range, vaccination status, and underlying health conditions?

Bob:
    upload_2021-10-26_20-6-6.jpeg

It's funny how you cannot honestly engage with a good question. Its only narcissistic screeching. lol.

Literally the embodiment of this:
    upload_2021-10-26_20-5-48.jpeg

9. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

You don't see one because you do not look. All those statistics are available from the CDC

But a true trumpista does not let facts get in their way

bwilson4web likes this.
  10. SouthernDude

Oh please. I literally created this graph in another thread from some of the data available on the CDC's website.
    [​IMG]

It is very clear from this data that the overwhelming majority of the people who have died from covid are sick. Also, ~75% of the people who have died from covid are older than 65. It is very clear from this that covid is really only a threat to the old and unhealthy - like all viruses are in general.

What you don't see is some snappy graph that shows covid mortality statistics that break out age range, vaccination status, and preexisting conditions.
    Of course you can back into this data using what's available on the CDC's website. Hardly anyone is going to spend time doing this. You certainly didn't, so quit acting all high and mighty.

It is incredibly obvious to why it's misleading to lump unhealthy people and healthy people into the same category, but virtually everyone does it because of their own confirmation bias.
    They just don't want to admit that covid is basically another flu.

The real lesson behind the pandemic is that it makes sense to improve the overall health of people so that they are more resilient to any viruses and for the old and unhealthy to take the vaccine to reduce their risk. The lesson isn't to screech at everyone to take the vaccine - especially when it doesn't make sense for everyone to do it.

11. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

then why do you pretend the data is not widely available.

I realize that you view people as defective and unworthy of life, but real people who do not live their lives by russian disinformation do not feel this way

Meanwhile 190 people died in Texas yesterday of Covid, leading the nation yet again

Vaccinations work, virtually every state with a high vaccination rate has a low death and hospitalization rate

deaths and hospitalizations from the vaccine?

virtually none

please take your conspiracy theories elsewhere, they are boring

bwilson4web likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SouthernDude

Because it requires people to download the data and do the math themselves. A better way to say it is that a graph displaying covid mortality with respect to age range, vaccine status, and underlying condition status isn't widely reported. Same difference because the effect is the same.

I'm not pro-abortion, so this doesn't apply to me. More unborn children are murdered every year than the number of people who supposedly died from covid over the past 2 years.

Please take your boomer conspiracy theories elsewhere, they are boring. lol. Imagine believing that Russia has anything to do with this. lol. The red scare is over old man. There isn't some soviet spy around every corner to get you.

All the vaccine does is reduce the risk of hospitalization and death for the old and sick. It doesn't go to zero no matter how many times you say it and the vaccine only lasts for 6 months.

Secondly, I would argue that deaths and hospitalizations were already negligible for the young and healthy. Why? because mortality and hospitalizations are already incredibly low for the young. Don't believe me?

Virtually every characteristic of covid lines up with the flu. It is a respiratory disease that can be considered to exclusively be horrible for the old and sick. The vaccine's effectiveness is very short lived and annual (for covid it would be bi-annual because it is less effective) boosters are necessary for the old and sick to get protection. We don't require the young or healthy to take the flu vaccine, so there's no reason to require them to take it for covid.