2022 Kona EV Preferred Halogen to LED Headlights

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jordan H, Aug 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jordan H

Jordan H New Member

Hi everyone, got my 2022 Preferred Kona a few weeks ago, loving the car overall but after having LED headlights in my previous vehicle, the Halogens simply aren't cutting it. I've read some previous threads about headlight conversion on this forum and have noted the Lasfit bulbs seems to be a popular choice. On their site, they list 5 different bulbs with varying wattage and lumen output. Per the Hyundai manual, the stock Halogen are 55w. Lasfit has 40, 50, and 60W bulbs available (as well as 72W). I'm wondering if my best bet is to go with the 50W option as they are the closest to the actual stock bulb or if I'm fine to go with something a bit higher. Any input appreciated. Lasfit CS hasn't been able to help much given that the vehicle is still pretty fresh. Thanks in advance!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I had measured mine before installation and they draw just about 28W each. I think they might be rating them per-pair rather than each. They're always going to draw less each than the stock halogen H7. The newer aluminium adapter is a good idea as the older plastic one that I have affords almost no heat transfer to the reflector mounting flange, as intended with the halogen bulb.

upload_2021-8-7_13-34-25.png

[​IMG]

4. Jordan H

Jordan H New Member

Thanks for the response. So you went with the 60w Lasfit variety then? How was the install? Any trouble with the dust cap? Any particular reason you didn’t go with the 72w?

5. persianrider

persianrider Member

I bought (each)
    35w
    45w
    55w

car has the 55w each … and from all the swaps adjustments I made…. (And my neighbour is a Porsche mechanic who fiddled around with me on it)

we found it was the best at lighting the road evenly with the least amount of dark spots

that said I have a pair of brand new lasfit sitting in box that I had ordered as well. Never installed them by the time I got them since I had pretty much decided on the 55watters

bunch of guys swear by the lasfit but if they’re 36w each max and I tried 45 and still wasn’t to my liking … probably won’t like the lasfit either… my kit is the 30w per bulb lasfit

All the tests were done with Aukee branded bulbs which seem to have good reviews

could there be a difference between the Aukee 55 vs lasfit …. Maybe ….

if you’re (or anyone else with a preferred) is in the Montreal area you could swing by and we swap my lasfit into yours and see for ourselves as well

Btw never got anyone complain on the road about my 55w … cutoff is clean since the newer led bulbs have come a long way

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

8. viperrysti

viperrysti New Member

Just to confirm, does anyone know for sure if the Lasfit adapter-less (Pro-HK6-N) will actually fit the face-lifted 2022 Kona EV? Is the 2022 even still a H7 hi/lo?

9. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Hard to believe there is no LED lights on 2022 Kona electric

At least the VW ID4 and Ford Mach-E these are standard on all models

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. Again, it depends on the market. In Aus we get the LED headlights in the top trip (Highlander) and other stuff you folk don't get. Beats me why, but it is what it is.

Australian Kona spec sheet attached for info.

Attached Files:

Domenick likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.