2019 ultimate - All the warning lights

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by markintosh13, Apr 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Yesterday when leaving work, all my dashboard warning lights lit up.

Check front collision avoidance system
    Ev battery
    Tire pressure
    Traction control
    Etc

There were no visible issues, drove home without any issues.

this morning all is normal again

random computer glitch? Thoughts?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Was it raining or wet snow? Sometimes havoc is created when the radar sensor is covered in misc debris.

4. checked, no leaves or such visible. likewise the tire pressures were fine, etc
    with all the light on, i'm not convinced that any of the warnings were real

5. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I've read other threads here & the other KONA forums of that occurring. Usually goes away. If it doesn't, removing a BAttery terminal for a few mins seems to reset everything.

6. Tried a two minute 12v disconnect, no change.

Started up this morning in my garage, warning lights on again, got in to drive home at the end of day, no sign of warning lights.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JBX

JBX New Member

Your 12v battery is on its way out - buy a 121R from Costco and swap it out asap

9. Wondered if that might be the case.

10. This was also my experience before my 12V totally gave up the ghost. All sorts of weird warnings like adaptive cruise control off and headlight out warning. Usually its in AM or if the car has been not driven for a bit , typically when the battery voltage is at its lowest. You know its bad when it happens during the middle of a drive as the voltage delivered by DC to DC converter is affected by the high internal resistance of the nearly dead battery.​

11. Swapped in a Costco Group 121R battery a few days ago, no issues so far.

electriceddy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.