YoYo Delivery Dates?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by RLove, Mar 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RLove

RLove New Member

We ordered our Model 3 in November with a December delivery date. It wasn't long until the date moved out to January, then February, then March...all the way out to the end of May. We were disappointed and when it moved to May, began looking at the Ioniq5. Then the dates slid back in closer with a delivery of March 10-24 with one day where it moved out again to April but then came back. We marketed and sold my wife's car preparing for the impending delivery only to have it move out again today to the end of May.

I'd like to know if this is an experience that others have been having because it's annoying as hell. Fortunately we still have two cars, but one is collectable that we didn't intend on having to use much. I hate getting jerked around repeatedly and also wonder why Tesla can't get their $hit together - it's not like they just started producing/delivering cars.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

If the supplier and shipping companies don't have it together, then you will see issues. The last time I went to Lowes, the number of out-of-stock items in electrical and plumbing items was pretty dramatic. Home Depot wasn't any better.

Outside of better communication from Tesla, it is what it is.

Note that China is still shutting down their cities when they see an outbreak of Covid. That affects supply and shipping. https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/14/tech/shenzhen-lockdown-foxconn-operations-intl-hnk/index.html

4. Ed K

Ed K New Member

Surely Tesla shouldn't issue a date unless the vehicle is actually ready, or at least very close to being deliverable.
    Logistically, for the buyer, it can be a difficult issue to time things correctly especially when dates randomly change. Imagine if OP above didn't have a fallback vehicle?

Tesla can certainly improve this on going problem.

5. marshall

Tesla is not blameless. A cynic might say Tesla want's him to cancel the order.

Unfortunately, none of us work in the Tesla office so we don't really know what the issue is. It's certainly possible that supply issues or even employment issues are causing the right hand not to know what the left hand is doing.

There is certainly plenty of room for Tesla to improve.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Remember COVID ain't dead yet. Today's AutoLine Daily reports many Chinese cites are 'locked down' including the Tesla factory.

BTW, ignoring public health practices, you know 'open it up' saturates the medical services and the sick worker are home or hospitalized. Worse, they wander about spreading COVID.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. marshall

I wonder if the move from California to Texas is causing some employment issues too.

Anyhow the lesson to learn is: you don't count on Tesla to deliver until you see the car in person. I guess that is one of the advantages to buying a car off the lot at a dealership. The dealer deals with these issues.