yet another recall ?? 00D111 VCULDC

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Feb 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

This was reported on the FACEBOOK HYUNDAI KONA EV group ... yet another recall ... Anyone see this yet?????

00D111 VCULDC control logic improvement
    VCU(Vehicle Control Unit):LDC(Low voltage DC-DC Converter)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Could address the 12V charging issue?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Didn't know there was that issue ... hmm..

5. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

ah ... so I see the BMS Recall "Superceded" the VCULDC one ... I had the BMS recall already done. Thanks !

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. No, this is after the last BMS update. This VCULDC update just came out, very new. And you probably won't see it on your website recall site if you put in your VIN. You have to call your dealer, as their site is more up to date.

8. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

OK.... Thanks ... I'll wait a bit and contact the service center in a few weeks.

9. Yes, and that was probably my post. Dealer found those 3 days ago when I enquired. One was new and she seems to think it superseded the earlier one. I'd rather they fix this stuff than not bother.

10. Yeah, I did the R0178 - brake recall (01D102) and they did also C0400 - VCULDC (00D111).

I have not see a difference except that my battery range was too high (+30 km) after both update. The BMs will relearn my habit

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Yup, and that's exactly what happened with mine. I had both of those done and range went up after I got the car back.

13. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

checked my VIN on the US recalls site.. Nothing yet for my VIN

14. You won't see it on your recall site, at least not yet. I didn't either. However, my dealer had it when he entered my VIN. He explained theirs is more current than the public internet site.

FloridaSun likes this.
  15. Have it made too last week at dealer and remark also an increased range?