Window Deflector (rain visors) and seat covers for 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-in

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SanSan, Feb 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SanSan

SanSan New Member

Anyone has any idea where to find those? Searched online but only found some for Accord and Pilot.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You can find the Honda rear seat covers here (scroll to bottom), but I haven't seen side-window rain deflectors from Honda. Perhaps Honda couldn't create any that were aerodynamically consistent with the Clarity's high-efficiency mission.

4. SanSan

SanSan New Member

5. SanSan

SanSan New Member

Thank you very much. It's not clear to me from looking at the sketch graph, is this cover a replacement of the existing seat cover, or is it an additional cover to put on top of the seat? (I'm searching for the latter for extra protection against food/drink spills etc).

6. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

The rear seat cover from Honda is a very form fitting cover that goes over the seat material but doesn’t replace the existing seat material. It’s very good but is quite an ordeal to put on and off. So once on, you’ll tend to leave it on.
    Honda doesn’t make any cover for the front seats that I’m aware of. I’m using an Aries brand Seat Defender for the front seat. It’s an easy on and off cover that is elasticized at the top to go over the head rest and then covers the seat back and bottom but doesn’t interfere with the side airbag. It’s heavy nylon with a rubber like backing so it’s waterproof and doesn’t slide around every time you get in or out. Works great for the occasional muddy soccer player and stores nicely in the rear trunk cubby.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SanSan

SanSan New Member

Thank you so much for the detailed answer!

9. graure

graure Member

The OEM visors are part number 08R04-TRT-000. They are a JDM-only part, but there are many services now that will buy stuff by proxy in Japan and ship to you in the US. I estimate it'll run about $420 after shipping.
    [​IMG]

10. AnthonyW

AnthonyW Well-Known Member

IMG_6521.JPG

Did anyone ever find some of these that fit the Clarity? The Civic’s windows have a similar shape, I’m wondering if they would fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Have you seen these deflectors?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. maju2001

maju2001 New Member

Ebay has something for $ 35.99+ tax: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254963313884?fits=Make:Honda&hash=

Doesn't have the Chrome trim but it should work to free some hot air from inside. I will suggest to replace the "3M" double side tape with a good one. I had bad experience in the past with the Chinese 3M tape..., plus clean up very well the area with Isopropyl alcohol.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022