Will the Silverado EV fit in my garage?

Discussion in 'Silverado EV' started by Texas Niro EV, Jan 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Texas Niro EV

Texas Niro EV Active Member

I have a reservation for a F150L but I've just about given up on it because the F150L is too long to fit in my garage. The F150L is 233-inches or 19-feet, 5-inches long. My garage length is also just about 19-feet, 5-inches long so I will probably be scratching bumpers or worse every time I close the garage door.

I can't find any information on the length of the Silverado EV but the length of the Avalanche that the Silverado EV is based on is only a little over 221-inches or 18-feet, 5-inches long. If the Silverado EV is the same length as the Avalanche then the Silverado EV will fit comfortably in my garage. If GM stretched out the Silverado EV for some reason, then I would also have to consider the Silverado EV as not a good choice for me.

I'm getting close to retirement, and I do like the idea of being able to hook up a full-size travel trailer to EV tour the country. If the Silverado is too long then I might have to wait for a short truck with similar towing capacity, like a Tahoe EV, Yukon EV or Expedition EV or compromise with a vehicle with less towing capacity like a Blazer EV. If anyone finds any information on the actual length of the Silverado EV please post.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

Domenick likes this.
  4. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

I've got 238" if I leave less than a quarter inch between the garage door and the wall. Not going to be able to walk around it to the other side at that length :(

5. Back in?

6. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

Back in or drive in, whichever lets you get out. Then to get to the other side open the overhead door, not ideal but much better to keep an expensive vehicle out of the elements.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

My garage has stuff in it. I don't want to have to open the big garage door to get to whatever is on the other side of the truck at any time.

9. Bill D.

Bill D. New Member

Yeah, I just measured my garage, and I'm REALLY disappointed that Silverado EV WT will not fit! Such a bummer. Back to the internet to search for a viable 4x4 EV. Argh!

10. Can you make your garage bigger?

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

A Rivian truck is 16 inches shorter. Sandy Munro loves his (OK, "loved" because traded it for a Rivian SUV).

electriceddy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.