Will I be able to get a used leaf under $6k!

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by M. Shah, Jun 5, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. M. Shah

M. Shah Member

We have a 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV and a 2014 Infiniti QX60. The Honda was my car but my wife drives 32 miles a day with free charging at work so I asked her to drive it. I take the train to work and my round trip is only 9 miles. I have been taking the Infiniti to the train station and parking it there but that has caused unbelievable amount of door dings and scratches on the car. We do plan to keep both cars for a long time and I dont want the Infiniti to be an eye sore. So I figured I can get a cheap EV for my 9 mile round trip and call it a day. I am eyeing both the Leaf and a volt and will buy either. Volt wins because of back up engine but leaf wins on interior space. I have 2 car seats that I would need to put in the car for very short commutes. This will be the beater which would be fun to drive. Being in Chicago I have hardly seen any cheap volts/leafs. Dealers are selling 7 or 8 bar cars for $8K for 2011/2012. Where do I find private party cars. I have looked at cars.com, cargurus auto trader facebook and craigslist.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DJP

DJP Active Member

Click on EVS FOR SALE in the top menu here.

4. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

E-Bay has listings too. The big issue is that folks are somewhat scared to sell private party, never done it before, and trading a car in for another is too easy, without the hassle.

You might want to put an ad on Craig's list for the type of car you want and how much you are willing to pay for it. Maybe you'll get lucky.