Wheels Not What We Ordered

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Minicris, Sep 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Minicris

Minicris Member

Finally after two days over 3 months our mini has entered production. I put the vin into bimmer.work and saw that the wheels we ordered are not what is shown that we are getting. Anyone else experience this? Is there any hope of it changing after already showing up on that site? Or would the dealer maybe swap them out for the ones we had ordered once they receive the car? Or do we get what we get and not throw a fit? We ordered the 17" tentacle spoke black. Screenshot_20220924-074515.png

Nelly H likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. wessy

wessy Active Member

There’s always the possibility that it’s a bimmer.work issue…have you tried checking your build and its production progress on mygarage.miniusa.com?

Minicris, Hatch and SameGuy like this.
  4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Perhaps try mdecoder.com; it showed me different results while I was awaiting mine as well.

Minicris likes this.
  5. SameGuy

YUL
    Jumping the gun a bit here, but if the car delivers with the smaller (and, effectively, lower-trim-level) wheels, indicate to the dealer that it’s not the agreed order and you will drive on the 16” set until such time as they can procure and install the correct set.

I’d also try to get some sort of credit (good luck in a seller’s market, though), perhaps a deep discount on the 16s and a set of winter tires (installed and balanced).

Minicris likes this.
  6. TCMCQ

TCMCQ New Member

I had a similar issue with the bimmer.work website. Everything matched what I ordered except the website showed incorrect seats. I had ordered the Mini Yours leather and they showed the sport seats. I sent an email to my dealer and he assured me that my car was built with the correct seats.
    The top portion of printout from the website showed the upholstery blank, but where the car features have the part numbers, it indicated that the upholstery was #481 "Sport Seats..." so I think the sport seats might have been a default.

Minicris likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Nelly H

Nelly H New Member

Hi there :) Thanks for your post so I know it takes around 3 months to move an order status to production in USA. I am in Canada and placed my order for a mini SE 3 weeks ago....hope we have the same wait time here in Canada

Minicris and SameGuy like this.
  9. SameGuy

YUL
    Yes, similar build time to the US — and prioritized over Europe and the UK for some arcane reason — but there are fewer ships plying the North Atlantic bound for Halifax, so there’s as good a chance that your car ships right after it’s built as there is of a it spending a gruelling wait at the port of Southampton.

Nelly H likes this.
  10. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

As mentioned, don't go off what some third party website says, go by what you ordered and if you don't receive that, then work with your dealer to get it corrected to your satisfaction.

11. jwzimm

jwzimm Active Member

Minicris, TCMCQ and DJCoopster like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Minicris

Minicris Member

Bit of an update. We spoke with our MA who pushed it up the line as needed. Our mini did indeed have the wrong wheels going into production. They could not be changed at that lay point so our dealer was given another production slot and reordered with the correct wheels. Production will supposedly be next week.

Nelly H, insightman and SameGuy like this.