What's your current mileage?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by polyphonic, Jul 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Just passed 4,000 miles. Average trip ~ 10 miles with lots of spirited driving. :)
    Not a single issue or complaint. Still really enjoying this amazing car!

insightman and Texas22Step like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

I just broke 1000 miles but mine will be going up much faster than yours! My commute is 30mi a day and typically 40-60mi on the weekends.

I'm still a bit frustrated by the rearview mirror position (just because of one specific turn on my commute) but other than that no problems. Plus it's so nice to never have to go to a gas station anymore!

Texas22Step likes this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Slightly past the 17,000 mile mark as of one day ago. I drive about 85 miles per day 5 days a week. I still look for excuses to go for a drive.

5. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

Wow, @Puppethead!

I only have 2540 miles.

I've been working from home since before I took delivery of my SE, so I don't have a daily commute to help me add some miles. I volunteer to drive for pretty much every errand, and if two days pass without an outing, I get itchy to go for a drive (then usually do).

Puppethead likes this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I remember when I was a kid and I would always call, "shotgun!" before my brother so I could ride in the privileged front passenger seat. Now I'm consigned to the shotgun seat because my wife always claims privilege to drive whenever we go somewhere together. "You've been driving fun cars all your life. This is the first time the fun car in our family doesn't have a stick shift that I couldn't drive."

Still shy of 5,000 miles--I do a 50-mile trip (on glorious back roads) twice a month but otherwise we never go anywhere except to local stores.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    polyphonic likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. J.Dubs

J.Dubs Member

polyphonic likes this.
  9. 1183 miles, 60 miles round trip to work and other running around. An cost to drive that mileage is 2/10 cents a mile.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  10. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

2,191 miles since April. I work from home, so most of those miles are just for fun.

11. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

2556 here.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

About 9500 miles. 64 mile daily commute.

MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  14. mikeg0305

mikeg0305 Active Member

4843 here. We took delivery in April and really put the miles on the first 2 months commuting to work and school (kids). Has slowed down the past couple of weeks with some longer trips that the F150 is much better at but this fall I anticipate the Mini being back as the primary choice of my wife and daughter !!!!

We love it. Mirror is annoying and the Goodyear tires suck. Will change out the tires late this fall for some All-Seasons to get her through the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

15. Darrell Smith

Darrell Smith New Member

I'm at 16,000 miles in 14 months, and my front tires are almost through the tread? Anyone else experiencing excessive front tire wear?

16. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Just curious, how many times have you rotated your tires?

FWD cars are already known for excessive front tire wear since those tires are doing all of the acceleration and most of the braking. Add a high torque electric motor and that problem is only going to get worse!

I plan on rotating my tires at least every ~5k miles to try to get the tires worn evenly

insightman and polyphonic like this.
  17. Darrell Smith

Darrell Smith New Member

Didn't even occur to me until it was too late... ~5k plan would have been a great idea from where I'm sitting...

18. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

1150 only. Winter took time out and no joke, I live no more than 2 or 3 miles from most places I go. We are using my car way more than the other though.

19. Puppethead

I think I get a rotation about every 5000 miles or so. I swapped to snow tires and then a rotation putting the summers back on. I'm not expecting my tires to last beyond this summer, though.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  20. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Just think how much quicker the rubber would be transferred to the pavement if our cars didn't have such an excellent traction control system!

Jim In Tucson and MichaelC like this.
  21. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

When I had FWD cars, there was a school of thought to just keep replacing the fronts, the rears never wear out. But then there's that try rot thing. The other thought would be to rotate them about when the front tires are worn to the point of being uncomfortable with the tread depth, then rotate once. When the near fresh rears that are now in the front wear to the point of being uncomfortable, buy a new set. You waste less time rotating, waste less rubber as the tires to break in to the new positions, and reduce the risk of damaging the wheels. If you are trying to get that last mm of tread wear you may need to rotate more often, however.

Do the rear tires on these FWD minis wear evenly, or do we need to rotate them to even the wear?

GvilleGuy likes this.
  22. Puppethead

My experience, after owning MINIs for ten years, is the tires wear pretty evenly. I basically do the scenario you described, move the fronts to the back when worn and replace all tires when the former-back-now-front tires get worn out. Only difference is I alternate the same process with snow tires, so it takes me longer to go through a set of tires. Before the SE I'd go about two seasons on my all-seasons (which I typically run in the summer) and three or four on my snow tires. I do expect my summer performance tires to wear out faster than all-seasons.

MichaelC and insightman like this.
  23. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I had never considered this method. Interesting.