What is Honda care plan u14?

Discussion in 'Honda' started by West1, Dec 20, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. West1

West1 Member

I am at the dealership for a CPO Clarity. He showed me paperwork for a Honda care plan code u14 that he claims is the CPO.

I hesitated because the blocks were not checked. I checked the CPO.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. West1

West1 Member

Dealer is trying to force me to decline my State consumer purchase rights. That’s why i hesitated about the CPO paperwork.

4. pigrew

pigrew Member

Searching Google for "Honda u14 coverage" found https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/2013/INRD-PE13024-59323P.pdf

It shows that U14 is effectively a rate code for 1 year of coverage, for cars with led than 40k miles.

I'd tend to decline it if it costs me extra money. The manufacturer's warranty covers a lot of things for cars that young, reducing the need for any extra warranty.

5. West1

West1 Member

It was supposed to be a Honda CPO program car. That is how it was advertised on the Honda.com, the dealership website, and on the car. When I was in the finance office they tried to sell me a extended warranty. "honda wants to you keep the car and are offering great rates". I had already researched the proper rates and this crook was about 1500$ to high.

As we were closing the deal, I asked about the CPO paperwork. The crook replied that I denied this. I showed him his own website and honda.com. He leaves the room and comes back with the U14 honda program paperwork. Told me this was the CPO paperwork.

It didn't look right.So I walked out of the sales office and called my local hometown Honda. They were somewhat confused as to what U14 plan was. But the guy looked it up and said he thought it was the CPO warranty.

I wish car manufactures had better quality and customer service controls over slimmy dealerships.

After looking at the above line- it looks like the crooked dealership saved themselves some money and only gave me the lowest of the lowest cost programs: the U14. Which is just a one year bumper to bumper.

I had planned on buying the additional honda warranty from one of the reputable honda dealerships that offer the better rates.

Once I get my car tags and the claimed refunded for the overcharges on DMV fees- I will blast the dealerships name on various reviews, BBB, state consumer protection office and see if Honda America can assist.

Much thanks for sending me the above link.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  6. West1

West1 Member

Staten Island Honda
    Bait and switch

the car was advertised on Honda.com autotrader.com and their website as a Honda Certified Pre-Owned car. The window sticker and key fob also said CPO.

In the sales office they tried to sell me the extended warranty. Is was 2500$ which is very high compared to the other Honda places. I decline the extended warranty.

after mush hassle with them also bait and switch on the sales price (higher than their own website) and increasing the fees we settle on the sales price. I sign most of the paperwork and ask about the CPO paperwork. He said I declined that. I said no. I declined the extended warranty but the car is CPO.

He leaves the room and comes back with the Honda warranty program. He tells me it’s the CPO. I doubt him. He was a snake the entire time. I figure it’s just a 1 year warranty.
    Last week I get the Honda warranty paperwork in the mail. Sure enough they didn’t sell me a CPO car but they did at least send in the Honda warranty paperwork. I figured the crooks would had not sent in the paper work for the 12 month warranty.

7. To remove this ad click here.