WeatherTech Floor Mats

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Chris Messer, Jul 21, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

I know there is at least one other thread, but just for new owners that don't necessarily go back through the history I thought I would let you all know my experience with these mats.

My original stock floor mat was worn through on the drivers side , so no amount of shampoo can make material reappear. Thus I ordered the weathertech just for the front to try it out.

These things fit absolutely perfectly. I received them within 2 business days of ordering and they look and feel great.

The only thing I wonder is if water will pool up in them during the winter when I bring in snow and ice. Might need to keep a towel around for this! Better than soaking into the carpet though.

Highly recommended!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I have 114,000 miles on the Clarity, and almost that many on the TuxMats, so I don't bother to wipe the water out of the car anymore. I was disappointed that TuxMat did not use the OEM mat holding system. I never installed the little pin/clip that was supplied. There is a wear spot in the middle of the mat. I normally drive with cruise control, so there is not much wear by the accelerator. (I guess it might be time to get out the vacuum...)

IMG_2059.jpg

4. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

lol, not the best representation for what is really a great mat!

Attached Files:

Louis Nisenbaum likes this.
  5. Annwn

Annwn Member

They have a new mat coming out for the Clarity later this year - their new Neo line. No idea if it will use the included retention system though.

6. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I got the full set of Weathertechs - front, rear and trunk - and have been very happy with them.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Member

Same here (just cabin tho, I mean). I'm not in love with the fact that I feel like I'm driving a utility truck when I get in, and I'm not a fan of the WeatherTech logo on the driver mat. Mine also "pucker" just a little at the edges, which is #nobigdeal but I'm a perfectionist that way and it irks me.

EDIT: of the various options, my wife picked the WeatherTech set because the rears are a 1-piece that covers the hump.

But all of that is made up for with pictures like @ClarityBill's!!!! I'll take puckering with super-utilitarian all week long.

-Matt

9. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

insightman and gadgetrants like this.
  10. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Member

Wow the 3D MaxPiders are pretty! Much more a "carbon-fiber" look.

I'm sorely tempted -- not discouraged because they won't match the WeatherTechs in the back, but because I'd be spending another $100 for an extra front set.

OHNOOOO just saw that WeatherTech lists just the 2nd row one-piece mat for $80!!!! Oh well, live and learn.

EDIT: IT GETS WORSE...turns out there's an $81 3D MAXpider for the REAR as well. *sigh* (apologies if there's an accessories thread and this is old news...) OBVIOUSLY the only way I can fix this is by buying another Clarity!!! :rolleyes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123842222482?epid=4031223435&hash=item1cd5925992:g:KlkAAOSw3N5gwapM

-Matt

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Mowcowbell likes this.
  11. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I've found that the deep groove and channels in the WTs do an excellent job of keeping rain and snowmelt away from my feet and trousers. And the trunk liner has more than earned its keep, holding spills and leaks.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Roy2001

Roy2001 Member

I have had WeatherTech on my Odyssey for 6 years. I don't recommend it.

14. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Could you explain your reason for not recommending the brand? My experience with them, going on 2 years, has been entirely positive.

15. 18ClarityPLUG

18ClarityPLUG New Member

Can't speak for weathertech, but the 3D Maxpiders are so nice you feel a bit guilty putting your dirty feet on them.

Attached Files:

insightman likes this.
  16. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Member

Good observation. I have pretty much no qualms about putting dirty feet inside with the WeatherTech mats. I'd probably want to take my shoes off if I had the 3D MAXPiders.

It's also probably a good thing we don't have a down-thumb (don't like) option on posts. If I see one more picture of a pristine MAXPider mat in someone's car, my FOMO may cause me to burst into flames. o_O

-Matt

17. 18ClarityPLUG

18ClarityPLUG New Member

Now that I want to see. Everyone post up those pristine MaxPiders!

I just got mine today, so they won't look pristine for long. I have weathertech like mats in my truck. They look good in a truck, but wouldn't get near my Clarity.

18. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Member

Fair enough. I originally typed:
    and realized I should change it to:
    So self-immolation is unlikely, but
    is a virtually certainty.

So yeah everyone go ahead and post those pics. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. :mad::mad::mad:

-Matt

18ClarityPLUG likes this.
  19. Roy2001

Roy2001 Member

WeatherTech edge is just upright and after a while it would be curly and let sand/snow/water in. You need some mats like 3D Maxpider. Just compare the edges, Maxpider has edge folded down, and that's the key to keep the shape of the edges.

20. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I live in the deep south where it's often VERY hot, causing plastics to soften and deform. I will have owned my Clarity for two years next week and have had a full set of WeatherTech mats in it (front, rear and trunk liner) since day one. The mats have NOT deformed, gone "curly" or allowed anything to reach the carpet below them. I've also driven to New England in the winter and had snow on my boots that melted onto the WeatherTech mats - and it, too, never reached the carpet.

gadgetrants likes this.