Waterless car wash

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by zoominbc, Mar 7, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. zoominbc

zoominbc Active Member

I just tried the Sanszo waterless car wash on the Kona. I found out about this stuff from Ben Sullins on a Tesla video (he used a different brand). In any case I was really surprised how good it is. The back of the Kona gets pretty grubby in these winter conditions but I just sprayed it on, wiped of the grime and buffed with a second microfibre cloth. The whole car took less than 15 minutes to clean and turned out great. Anybody else tried this stuff?

Brennan Raposo, Wildeyed and CJC like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Maybe I should have.
    The first wash for Blueberry (1 week ago) consisted of a water only rinse with a sponge followed by a quick blow dry on the hwy.
    The next day I applied Mothers Brazilian Carnauba cleaner wax to protect the factory clear coat, which I have found 2-3 applications / year does an excellent job .
    Normally a 2 hour job, but the dimples on the front end cost me a solid hour extra time.
    Hopefully the soon to come front end bug goo and continual birdsh*t on the roof (they think the blue is a toilet) cleanup will be easier.

mho and Kitsilano like this.
  4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Hi, I've used two different waterless car washes on my RV (down in the deserts of southern Arizona/California) and an SUV; Sanso works fine and won't hesitate to use it on my new Kona EV (Preferred trim) which is to be delivered to me shortly. It will definitely loosen up the dirt/grime on the vehicle and leave a good protective coating after buffing.