Volvo On Call (now Volvo Cars) App

Discussion in 'XC40 Recharge' started by John Lilly, Jul 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

Finally got Volvo On Call app paired with my car. The trick was to have the dealer delete all the keys from the profile and then add the three keys I have back to the profile. Thanks to whoever posted that tip a few days ago…

Now that I have my iPhone paired, I tried to pair my iPad, but I’m not allowed to add another device to my profile. Does anyone know how to do this?

The car’s great, but I sure wish they’d get the software bugs worked out.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. John, I intend to try and pair my iPad as well, I’ll let you know if I am successful. New XC40 Recharge.

4. jlilly

jlilly New Member

Thanks, Mike.

5. I’ve officially given up on pairing my iPad John. It seems there is only one device allowed per profile. My Nissan Leaf allows me to monitor the car from iPad and iPhone, but the Volvo clearly does not. PS, if you get a new phone, as I did recently, pairing the new phone requires deleting the old one from your profile in the Volvo onscreen app and deleting and reloading the Volvo Cars app from your phone. It was tricky!

6. Daniel Kutcher

Daniel Kutcher New Member

You could create a second profile (with identical settings) and pair that to your second device.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Thanks Daniel. We’re you able to do this? I thought each profile required a key and I’ve used both of my keys on profiles for my wife and I.