Volvo EX90 has debuted!

Discussion in 'EX90' started by Domenick, Nov 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The Volvo EX90 made its official debut today. Not all the info is released yet, but we can see that it's still conservatively, but nicely styled. It's also the first electric Volvo that won't be an ICE version of.

Here's the debut video - it's a bit long, but good watching if you're interested in this car.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this car.

turtleturtle likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Didn’t do a reservation, but signed up for the mailing list. This may finally be the car that meets our family needs with a 3rd row with enough room and a long enough range with 30 min to fast charge from 10-80%.

Specs so far on the website look good. No deliveries until 2024…

https://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/ex90-electric/

Domenick likes this.
  4. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Anyone heard of it will get the full tax credit? I see an article from 2022 that it would get partial.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I guess I forgot. Can someone remind me, why is Polestar?

6. I understand it uses a battery from from Chinese company CATL, so it will only get half the credit for being built in the US.

turtleturtle likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Volvo Car AB is roughly 82% owned by Geely Sweden Holdings AB, owned by Shanghai Geely Zhaoyuan International Investment Co. Ltd. which in turn is owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Ltd.

As of April 21, 2023 Polestar Automotive Holding UK PLC is owned 88.5% by Chinese billionaire and chairman/founder of Geely, Li Shufu.

Why is Polestar? Sounds better than Flash Engineering or Cyan Racing!

Polestar-Logo-1996-600x446.png

insightman likes this.