Video - Kia EV6… What’s improved over the Niro EV?

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Andre Laurence, Apr 1, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The Kia EV6 is an amazing car, but what has Kia learnt from having made the Niro EV four years ago? Have they listened to owners and corrected some annoyances? Has Kia thought of ways to improve on daily use things that we have not?
    I owned a Kia Niro EV for almost 3 years but sold it to buy this top trim 2022 AWD Kia EV6 GT-Line Pack 2. It is one of about 100 units in Canada at the time of recording this video, and I explain the things that I think are improvements over the Niro EV, as well as how it drives as compared to the Niro EV. This is the first of several videos I will be making related to the Kia EV6, I hope you enjoy it.

BrionS likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You didn't mention the absence of the Niro's rear wiper. Perhaps you haven't had time to drive in bad weather to evaluate that aspect of the EV6. Does the rear camera stay clean enough to substitute for a view through the rear window when it's obscured and you're driving too slow for the aerodynamic virtual wiper to clear the rear window?

Do only the Korean EV6s have the high-frequency noise that @kennykim reported?

4. I have had the car for 2 weeks and it has rained quite a bit. I have done both city and highway driving and the rear window does not get any more dirty than any of the sedans I have owned previously. This is due to the rear window having a pretty steep angle and because the brake light edge is a spoiler that prevents turbulence from getting to the rear window like it does on the very vertical Ioniq 5 rear window that has no lower spoiler edge. Couple that with a good coat of Aquapel and the rear window of the EV6 is not even a topic of discussion... but I will make a video about it :)
    I have had no high frequency sound issues in mine so far, but I have only had the car for 2 weeks.

insightman likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Now @kennykim is speculating the heat pump is making the high-frequency noise in the Ioniq 5 and EV6.

Andre Laurence likes this.
  6. Seeing as mine is not making any noise, other than the normal sound a heat pump makes, I will have to wait and see what happens over time. I am sure there will be a fix by the time mine may start making the noise if it does... or I am lucky that the Canadian cars were produced much later than the ones delivered in Korea and Europe, and will not have the issue.

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.