Victory spokes black 16”

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Rexsio, Sep 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I don’t want to be so controversial but in my opinion those are bad looking wheels and so many SE wearing them as owners showing a pictures of cars I have the same setting but no buy choice I just bought a car without preorder whatever was there in dealer lot as was BRG was important to me I bought in January 3 2022 to make my point I bought take offs from 2022 SE with 2000 miles Hankooks for $ 400 4 full set .As I paint my calipers Yellow through those wheels I’m missing a look of my good job don’t see my calipers.I can sell my Hankooks if anybody is interested bc rims I use for winter setting.Just only pic up in NY they will be cheap give me an offer and I agree. Not $1 a $ 200 can do it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

I, on the other hand, really like my Victory spoke wheels. My hat is off to the British for even creating a wheel to honor the American Revolution. Very generous and big hearted of the English.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

DisgruntledSanta, abrandt and Aquavir like this.
  4. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Living in CT (read: frost heaves and potholes) I like a bit more sidewall. Also, I think the Victory wheels are the best looking ones, especially on my white silver with black roof, mirrors, and trim. I really like the yellow accent on the center cap too. Personally I find most of the other options too angular, but to each their own. Good luck selling the tires!

carrrl and abrandt like this.
  5. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

They're one of my least favorite wheels, but like the poster above me said, to each his own.

I like my power spokes ok, but if I had been given a choice I would have gone with tentacle spokes instead.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Many don't like the look of the SE and replace the grille and other parts to look more like an ICE MINI Cooper (although I don't believe anyone has added fake exhaust pipes). However, for those who want to go with MINI head designer Oliver Heilmer's vision for the SE, the Power Spokes are the only way to go.

That said, the fear of curbing the Energetic Yellow stripe around the circumference of my Power Spokes has caused me to store my Power Spokes safely in my basement. I put them back on my SE only for Drive Electric Week events. The rest of the year I'm happy with my used Loop Spokes from ebay, which I think look pretty good, although un-SE.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    This reminds me of an interesting observation. My Power Spokes do not have the yellow stripe.. just machined. I wonder when they changed that? The only yellow is the circle outline of the MINI (looks like a center cap on a standard type wheel).

I also am seeing many people initially thinking the Power Spokes look dumb, then they grow on you and you love them. This is what happened with both my wife and myself. When i changed my order back in May to Resolute, i tried unsuccessfully to change the wheels on the order. So i got a set of silver Cosmos wheels off Ebay (impulse buy) with the idea of powder coating them Pepper White at some point. But my wife and i don't want to put the other wheels on now.

IMG_20220910_151013-autolevel.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    Giosan likes this.
  9. insightman

The Power Spokes on Iconic-trim SEs always have the Energetic Yellow perimeter stripe, but the Power Spokes on the special-edition SEs (eg. Electric Collection and Resolute) don't have that stripe.

Texas22Step, Giosan and MichaelC like this.
  10. turbofuzzy

turbofuzzy New Member

I think the Victory spokes look better from angles where you can see some of the sculpting. If they came in a satin black finish instead of gloss, I might have gone with them.

The Power spokes look great on that Resolute edition.

11. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

I think the victory spike is a good balance of “interesting if you look at them”, but not “in your face”. They are more interestingly than say the revolites but not as demanding of attention as most of the 17” options. That being said - and in direct contradiction to what I have just said- I think the powerspoke is the best wheel for the se… efficient, and absurdly quirky. They grab your attention and make you say “what the…? That’s awesome!” And if that isn’t the SE at heart, I’m not sure what is. I love them. I just wish I could get my hands on a set without bleeding my bank account dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Rogwp likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

I'm trying to decide if I will put my Power Spokes on for tomorrow's Drive Electric Week event. It may rain, so that would dictate not to do it. I'll just take one Power Spoke wheel to show off, along with the special Power Spoke balancing tool. No chance of curbing the yellow stripe if the wheel is in the boot!

14. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

You are selling tyres only? How much tread is left?

15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Those tires were take of with 2000 miles and I m selling tires they were manufactured on 44 week of 2021 on my 2022 SE I have them manufactured on 20 week on 2022 but only if you pic them from Staten Island NY 10314 Ventus 3 summer performance tires they hard to get and is $ 200 at least I can sell them for $ 300 /4 if you are in close location to pic them .Bc I’m going to put on SE all weather tires and I’m driving 3000 miles a year I don’t need to keep them C9B42446-F975-4C10-82A4-7294E1AED42B.jpeg AC83098D-692E-4E62-BAC8-7294B802B77C.jpeg FB29B7E1-12D2-4903-8619-A85A76893F3D.jpeg B2C3EAE0-B5D4-4C45-AED9-CB93F784439B.jpeg

16. pictsidhe

I'm in NC, so not close. There is a possibility I'll be up in NJ on business, but I don't know when.

17. Kblake

Kblake New Member

Have a set of Victory spokes and Hankook tires on my 2022 with 239 miles to sale if anyone might be interested. I was looking for some power spokes but couldn’t find them and went another direction. I’m in Texas but would be willing to ship. Maybe make an offer if interested. Thanks.

18. insightman

Of course, we'll want to see your another direction after they're on your SE.

Your post reminded me I still have to take the Power Spoke wheel out of the back of my SE after bringing it to show at yesterday's rainy Drive Electric Week event.

19. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

Looks are entirely subjective.
    I prefer the Victory rims to the Revolites based on looks as I feel they look sportier and closer to an old Minilite. That’s despite the fact they are black and I typically hate black wheels… I do wish they were wider as they are too tucked under the car bodywork but I won’t fit spacers as (A) I think they’re dangerous and (B) they mess up the geometry as the centerline of the rim is no longer at the correct point from the suspension.

With our rough local urban roads I wanted 16’s over 17’s but had little choice anyway as we bought a Signature. I’m just glad we don’t have the black rims with the diamond cutting as it seems like every car out there has that style these days. Over done.

I would like the Powerspokes as they are electric exclusive, especially with the yellow lip. Despite them being 17’s…

20. pictsidhe

I'm interested. I'm looking for a set of winter wheels. Are the Hankooks non-runflats?