VERIFICATION OF REDUCED Charging -$200.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Suzanne Roth, Jun 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Suzanne Roth

Suzanne Roth Member

I have an appointment this week at dealer here in San Diego to ‘verify’ reduced charging capacity - in order to get my $200. I am told it will take all day. They provide Lyft ride within 10 mile radius. Why would verification take anymore than a few minutes? What is done to the vehicle. / My 2019 vehicle is leased. I have declined all incentive offers to trade in for new lease on a 2020 (LOL, they not offering 2021). Told them I want a battery replacement. I contacted Corporate Customer service. Email reply last week stated that they will contact the dealer and put me on a high priority National list and get back with me in a week. / I plan to tell dealer this week that a new battery needs to be forthcoming ASAP or else...

1st-KonaEV-in-FL likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. All the dealers should need do, is pull up the settings to confirm AC & DC charge are set to 80%. Our dealer here in Florida did not seem to understand the concept. When we took the car to charge it had been set to 0%, would not start a charge at all. We set it back to 80% then charge completed. A day later we got email confirmation and $200 visa card, which we confirmed with hyundai that by accepting we were not waiving any rights to future compensation and/or repairs or recalls.

4. The verification literally takes no time at all, they typically spend more time writing up the work order than the check itself. You might have some other outstanding recalls or service campaigns they want to complete.

5. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

I'd call them back and see if they could do it while you wait. Mine took 15 min.

6. Same here, a few minutes. However they called me after and wanted for me to come back in to apply a couple more software updates. Which took a couple hours.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I had the verification check, and applied two software updates. Took 2 hours, much longer than I thought. But that is the only way you are going to receive the software updates. They don't have a mechanism to transfer them over the internet to your car. Got the $200 Visa email notification within 2 days.

9. I don’t mean to sound snarky but what is your “or else” contingency?

Hope you get this sorted to your satisfaction, from reading this forum some dealers seem way better than others.

10. I had the P29 inspection done Monday. I had both DC and AC limits set to 80%. I checked the settings on the car today and both were set to 100%! Obviously, I reset them back to 80%. At least my dealer's service tech is clueless.

11. Same thing for me on Tuesday.

I had already had this P29 campaign twice - set it to 80% myself, and then got an email that it had been set to 80% over the air by Bluelink. Then I got another email nagging me to go to the dealer and get the $200.

The service advisor found two other "campaigns" open - both firmware updates. I had never seen these in the app or the monthly car status report email. Took two hours total; they were busy.

The car drove a little funny after the service. Although most of the settings were unchanged, I found that auto regen had been turned off and regen level changed from my 3 to 1.

The $200 came by email the next morning.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I don't think the dealers know what they're doing. I set my car to 80%, got dealer verification and the email thanking me, charged my car--and it charged to 100%. Even though SET to 80%, both on my app and in my car. Then got an "urgent" call from Hyundai to set my car to 80%--even though it is and I've brought to dealer. Called Hyundai, explained the situation, and they've recorded it for the record. Now I'm bringing it to a different dealer, who I hope has more experience with the Kona EV. What a hassle! But maybe I'll get another $200. Ha!

Ronny likes this.
  14. I'm curious. If your car was set to 80% how would you know your car charged to 100%?

15. Because the gauge was at full and I had 320 miles of range ;).

16. Okay. The reason I asked is because with weather changes an 80% charge in June looks an awful lot like s 100% charge in March. At least it does where I live

17. Thanks for this. I have not charged since I had P29 done, but will keep an eye to ensure that when I charge it does not exceed the 80% I set.