vanning in Clarity?

Discussion in 'Honda' started by Philemon, Aug 22, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Philemon

Philemon New Member

Did you try it?
    plug or not plug? I think that with a full battery, it can do the full night with AC.
    I did some test with my family and I think that will be cool.

I did semi inflated matelass that go front the back row to the trunk for my wife and my young daughter. I will sleep in the front and my other daughter on the passenger seat with the seat nearly in a horizontal position.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

I did this last year during a multi-day power outage. It was a last minute decision so I didn't really prepare beforehand and just slept in the front seat with it fully reclined.

The DRL's are very BRIGHT during the night as well as the instrument cluster. I draped a cloth over the windshield and used small pillows to cover the drivers cluster and center stack. I did not have a full battery (no power at home, no local public chargers); only what charge mode would give me. I'm not sure how long it lasted (very warm and humid summer night) till HV mode come on. I'm a fairly light sleeper plus I wasn't super comfortable so I was woken up several times during the night when the ICE came on. Because of the humidity, the a/c system produced copious amounts of condensate.

Next time I will be better prepared including ear plugs. In cooler temps/low humidity, I suspect a full battery would make it thru the night.

FWIW