V3 Software

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by Brian Prendergast, Mar 23, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I saw it started to roll out in europe. Anyone on here from there and can confirm?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bubzki

bubzki Member

Could be but it's all crickets at least in US. Incredible how far behind schedule they are for the software OTA update rollout.

4. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

The last I read the next software (2.4) rollout in Europe had been postponed due to issues not known.
    2.4 supposedly is needed for future OTA software updates. You’ll need a dealership visit for 2.4 update. This info is for Europe while nothing has been officially announced for the US.

5. SueMC

SueMC New Member

I had mine in for its one-year service a couple weeks ago. I asked about when and how the software updates would happen as they are badly needed. A mechanic (who also owns an ID.4) said they have not yet released any updates, but they are supposed to have the first one ready this year. There are SO many updates getting packed into this one that it will not be OTA. Dealership told me I'll have to bring it in to them to plug in overnight as that's how long it will take to download! From there they plan to release future updates OTA.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. As a precaution, make sure your 12V battery is well charged before allowing this service, just to be on the safe side. Not sure how to do this in the ID.4, in my Kona EV, I leave it in "utility mode" for a couple of hours which applies 14.4 V to the battery terminals before any dealer service updates. Maybe VW has a similar feature?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

12v batteries will be replaced with new updated battery at the same time as this dealership software update. Part of the process for the iD.4.

electriceddy likes this.
  9. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

That's part of the reason a dealer visit is required. Also, they are fixing a few other modules that in the past could not be updated via OTA so that in the future they can be updated via OTA.

electriceddy likes this.