Used 2019 Nissan Leaf Plus S

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by KarriO, Aug 27, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KarriO

KarriO New Member

I'm in Toronto. I ordered the Hyundai Ioniq 5 in the Ultimate trim in late February - early March 2022, and was initially quoted delivery in the fall. But after I learned that it's more likely the car won't arrive until 2024 at the earliest, I recently cancelled the order, got my deposit back, and found and bought a used 2019 Nissan Leaf Plus instead. And I find myself quite happy with it! I've posted a review of the car here for anyone interested:

KENNY likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KarriO

KarriO New Member

I can't edit my original post now it seems but the YouTube link to my review has changed. Here's the correct link:

KENNY and electriceddy like this.
  4. DJP

DJP Active Member

Thanks for the post. For all your reasons the Plus is still a potential option for me if the Ariya I reserved ends up being too expensive. We've had/have 3 Leafs and all were/are very well made cars.

KENNY, KarriO and electriceddy like this.
  5. I had 2 myself also agree the on build quality of the car itself and I do miss the surround cameras. Only exception being the packs in both the 2013 and the 2016 had cell issues (differentials of over 180mv when I sold them causing various issues - one being premature turtle limiting range ). Dealer would not help. Hopefully that has been rectified in the later model years.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    KarriO likes this.
  6. KarriO

KarriO New Member

Thanks, DJP. That's good to hear you've had a good experience with the Leafs you've had. Based on my limited experience I find it a car I can be happy with. It's solidly built and pretty good value still. Though I will readily admit that if the wait times for other cars weren't so ridiculously long, I would've got the Ioniq5 I wanted, or the Ariya (I like the looks of it though the range seems a little low unless you get the top of the line), or the ID4.

We took the Leaf out on our first longer (about 330 km) road trip today and it managed it very well.

I'm still on the wait list for the Fisker Ocean, which I figure I might be able to get in late 2023 at the earliest at the trim level I would want it. I like how Fisker has an app and created an account to manage my preorder, while Hyundai had a process that I think seemed dodgy and was managed individually and a little differently by each dealer.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KarriO

KarriO New Member

Thanks, Eddy. Sorry to hear about the cell issues, and good to know.... I don't think I've read about there being those issues in later model years like mine, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Today we took the car out on the first longer road trip and it was a hot day. We used a 100kw quick charger once on the way but the battery temp stayed low (got up to only the middle of the bar), so no rapidgating.

It will be interesting to see how things go in the winter, though I'm not worried. We are a single car family, so have no other vehicle to fall back on. Our regular drives are short and in the city.

electriceddy likes this.