Used 2017 Soul EV good deal?

Discussion in 'Kia Soul EV' started by ooopie, Sep 13, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ooopie

ooopie New Member

I'm looking at a 2017 Soul EV with 55k miles. I'd appreciate any advice and/or cautions. Price is $12,000. Details:

- When I got to the dealer to look for the car, the 12v battery was dead. They said maybe because it hadn't been driven in a while. Jump started easy.

- The dash showed that there was 45mi of range remaining, but the battery guage looked like 80%. I plugged in my bluetooth OBDII reader and using the EVNotify app read a battey SoH at only 18% - Did I do this correctly?

- The car has 1 accident on the CARFAX report. It says minor damage to the rear drivers side.

Otherwise everything seemed pretty good. But the battery condition has me concerned. If it is this degraded, can I get it replaced under warranty? Anything else I should check out?

Attached Files:

Leander123 and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Warranty should carry over, depending on the collision and this one other exception listed in the owners warranty booklet:
    - Leaving your vehicle for over 14 days where the
    Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery reaches a zero or
    near zero state of charge.
    https://www.kia.com/us/content/dam/kia/us/en/images/warranty/manual/warranty-manual/2017_warranty_soul-ev.pdf
    Could be a good find, I would check with local Kia dealer before purchase;)

mho and ooopie like this.