USB power

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Joe Ventre, Aug 1, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Joe Ventre

Joe Ventre New Member

I have an AAWireless Android Auto adapter so I can use the Android Auto app wirelessly in the Ioniq 5. It works well. The adapter has to be plugged into the same USB port as the cable from the phone if I were using the app wired, that’s the port on the floor under the dash. When I turn the car off the light on the adapter stays lit so there is still power going to it. Does anyone know how long after turning the car off that port stays powered? Also, is it powered by the 12volt battery or by the electric motor battery? It’s convenient to leave it plugged in so I don’t have to wait for the adapter to boot up each time I get in the car but I don’t want to kill the 12volt battery whereas having rob a little power from the big battery pack it not really a problem

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The USB port will be powered by the 12V battery, a monitor like BM2 installed will allow you to monitor the residual 12V battery level: I would advise this be used if keeping a device powered while the car is not in run or V2L. It will also log charging top offs for the 12V system;)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    ScubaSteve likes this.
  4. Daniel Edwards

Daniel Edwards New Member

I have the same adapter. Power goes off to it after a few minutes of the car being locked. Exception is if it is charging.