Updated NAV system to NAM.13.47.50.610.201

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Dec 2, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

So I bit the bullet and upgraded to the new NAV Software on my Ultimate. Thought I create this thread to any issues or FEATURES on how to manage the new update. What issues have YOU found?

Mine start with :

1. There are only 2 Panels now - 1 MAIN NAVIGATION on the Left, 1 on the RIGHT that is changeable by Scrolling Up or Down. Is the MAP/NAV part now PERMANENT?

2. There are now separate driver PROFILES. When I first created a new one for myself, The BACKUP Camera was BLANK when I put it in reverse. I switched back to GUEST and it worked fine. Then I went back to MY profile and it was suddenly working properly. Strange.

3. Setting SIRIUS XM channels is not very obvious or friendly anymore. Has anyone figured out the easiest way to set them up?

Not sure I'm linking this update .. but of course CHANGE is seldom good at first.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Is this for the 2020 models with the new center console? I didn't see any updates for my 2019.

4. My 2019 update is now available for download. But I want to hear from someone else first to see what theirs looks like.

5. Well, I'll check tomorrow afternoon or evening and update. I'll let you know.

6. I'm updating right now. The Hyundai updater wasn't able to copy the update to the SD card. So I'm copying manually in windows explorer right now. Be prepared to do that. I recall that I had the same problem last time.

Will report again after the update is running in the car.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. So I didn't have a lot of time to check for differences with the new update, however 2 things were VERY obvious:

- the arrival time on the bottom now shows the timezone, in my case "MT" mountain time.
    - the 3d view of the map which I always use is tilted so much that it's almost impossible to see and judge upcoming intersections. The horizon is almost half way down the screen now. A huge waste of screen space. I don't know who came up with that idea, but that person should be fired, or at least slapped on the back of their head. It's terrible! It's pretty much unusable now and I guess i have to get used to "heading up"-mode now. But one good thing about the new 3d-mode: the night mode sky now shows little sparkly stars .

9. dave4192000

dave4192000 New Member

I like the new look. I think it looks a little more modern and up to date. Here are some pics

Attached Files:

Joev likes this.
  10. Ed C

Ed C Active Member

I own a SEL.....I just bought a Garmin Nuvi Sat Nav. Only around $100....no need to pay several $thousand for an Ultimate....no need to own a $500 smart phone with a $50/month data plan.

Nuvi works great....even in cell phone dead zones.

11. Re the new Profile set-up... all my Saved and Previous destinations are in the Guest profile. Will they update if/when I create a profile or do I loose all of that which would mean I'll be Guest forever :)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Answered my pondering... did an Export to USB as Guest and an Import as Me and viola, all there.

A pleasant surprise... Apple CarPlay map is now full screen and Traffic lights and Stop signs show on Apple Maps.

The new Profile not showing up on BlueLink Canada website yet. Perhaps it takes a while.

Cautiously optimistic about the update.