Two phones

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dBdt, Dec 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. dBdt

dBdt Member

I drove my wife to work today. We both have our phones set up as keys. She went to the car first to put her stuff in. When I got into the driver's seat, the car was set to her profile. I changed it to mine and we set off. I then discovered that the car was set to my profile, but the cell phone favorites, contacts, etc., were still from her phone.

How could I have set things entirely over to my phone (other than waiting for her to walk away)?

What other gotchas are there for having two phone set up as keys and both in the car at the same time?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I would try the 'bluetooth icon' and see if you can change the preferred phone while driving.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

4. dBdt

dBdt Member

Forgot to post the outcome of this: Under bluetooth, you can set a phone to be the priority device. This seems to have taken care of the problem, although we've only been in a situation to test a couple of times. Also, it seems that "priority device" is part of the user's profile, so my wife's phone is the priority device when her profile is selected and mine is the priority device when mine is selected.

Fast Eddie B, Frank K and bwilson4web like this.
  5. RLove

RLove New Member

The most annoying thing I've found about our Model 3 is that the car prefers my wife. Even though my phone is marked as the priority one, the car will always choose her phone and sometimes will squish me up against the steering wheel by choosing her seat seatings when I press on the brake. I can't explain why it does this, but it kind of ticks me off. :(

bwilson4web likes this.