"tuning" kit for SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by CuriousGeorge, Feb 15, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Texas22Step likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Interesting, but quite pricey. According to the AC Schnitzer German web site, even their custom aluminum "cover" for the iDrive knob is nearly $200 delivered! But it is significant that "tuning" companies are addressing the BEV (and MINI SE) market now, so kudos to AC Schnitzer!

GvilleGuy likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

To me, "tuning" implies modifications that increase a vehicle's acceleration and/or top-speed. The only performance enhancement I noted was Schnitzer's 19-inch wheels with their rubber bands for tires, which would require the occupants to visit their dentist more often for "tuning."

Lainey and GvilleGuy like this.
  5. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

The kit includes suspension modifications as well. But, I agree, tuning implies engine modifications* - which is why I wrote "tuning".

*Is it even possible to tune an EV? I suppose you could hack the software, but I don't see folks, e.g., replacing the permanent magnets the way we used to do with our H/O scale slot cars to make them faster!

insightman likes this.

6. The tuning of the EV will be a emerging industry in the future you already have a level of programing with the drive mode selections and regen switch's. If your interested I put together an introduction to the technology for some sales people from a similar industry I modified it for the EV world.

polyphonic likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.