Tripp Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Aug 11, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-says-short-seller-funding-193933743.html

(Bloomberg) -- Tesla Inc. says hedge fund Cable Car Capital LLC, which is shorting the company’s stock, is funding a former employee’s allegations that the company smeared him by accusing him of sabotage and stealing sensitive information.

The carmaker said in a filing Monday that Martin Tripp’s 2018 counterclaim against Tesla was being funded by Cable Car, even though Tripp has said under oath that he had no financing or connection to Tesla short sellers.

Cable Car portfolio manager Jacob Ma-Weaver had no immediate comment.

Tesla on Tuesday persuaded a judge to issue an emergency order forbidding Tripp from further publicizing confidential information. Tripp has disclosed volumes of Tesla’s confidential documents, deposition transcripts and filings in his posts on Twitter, YouTube and Google Drive, Tesla said in federal court in Reno, Nevada.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I hope someone is funding his legal bills. Fighting corporations with billions in the bank is not a fair fight.

4. bwilson4web

When I realized I could no longer support my employer, I changed jobs taking nothing but my clever mind. I left because the former employers were working hard to go out of business. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER steal anything from your employer!

Bob Wilson

5. bwilson4web

Well this is a curious twist:
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-martin-tripp-case-tslaq-financing-revealed

After publishing a large number of documents and videos online over the last week, including many under a confidentiality order in the case, Tripp has now fired his lawyers and will represent himself moving forward. Notably, this action coincided with the revelation that a TSLA short seller, The Funicular Fund, LP (dba Cable Car Capital LLC), was financing Tripp’s legal defense.

Bob Wilson