TPMS for winter tires & rims

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by gnorin, Feb 16, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. gnorin

gnorin New Member

Hi!
    I installed 4 new winter rim&tire with TPMS sensors from thinkcar. I did the programmation through replication with the other set of wheels. On my OBD tool, I can see all the tire pressure and temp in real time but on the dashboard of the car, the message about driving the car to display pressure does not disappear event after 1000 miles! No TPMS light is ON on the dash. What am I missing here? THanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DamnIHateThat

DamnIHateThat Member

I bought OEM sensors and the car didn't need any programming. It seems to detect them automatically. I wonder if your TPMS sensors are not compatible because if you cloned the original sensors properly, then that should definitely work.

4. blue_door

blue_door Member

I just so happen to have a near-new set of OEM sensors that I could sell you for a very fair amount if that's an option you'd be interested in.

5. mike bazinet

mike bazinet New Member

probable wrong tpms. mine did not have to be programmed check amazon
    Jsueng TPMS Sensor 52933-D4100 Tire Pressure Monitoring System Replacement for Hyundai Kia

6. gnorin

gnorin New Member

Thanks for your reply everyone and sorry for my late one. I should have bought your recommendations! Hope it will help other people. My sensors are already in the tires so, I`ll try to figure out something or wait until I have to change those tires!

7. To remove this ad click here.