Touch up paint...interior

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Jul 2, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Last time I loaded my 8' ladder into the car, (I was a bit tired) I scuffed the upper dashboard about 1.5". Of course I tried to "clean it up" and it got worse- showing the ugly black plastic color underneath the grey.:eek:
    (This applies to the Ceramic Blue color car with the light interior)
    This product is cheap, off the shelf, sticks and matches pretty good, it does have a "satin" finish so you have to work that out but overall does a pretty good job and you have to look twice to notice any difference.
    https://www.homedepot.ca/product/rust-oleum-painter-s-touch-2x-ultra-cover-multi-purpose-paint-and-primer-in-satin-charcoal-gray-340-g-aerosol-spray-paint/1001311152;)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

Anyone find a suitable paint for the outside dark gray trim below the door?

4. The ideal method is to pick up a bunch of paint chips from the local hardware store and compare them in different light conditions. By doing this one can peel away the actual "chips" and stick them to the surface to be touched up while observing under different lighting conditions.
    Closest color rules.
    Unfortunately trying to match a color using generic "off the shelf" that will stick to plastic is the biggest challenge, but it will at least be close.
    Some plastic shops have access to more color tones, but the cost is substantially more.