Torklift hitch 20% off through Sun 12/8 ($240)

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Bender, Dec 5, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bender

Bender Active Member

I should have posted this earlier in the week...

Hitch is mentioned throughout this thread , but made a new post because of the time sensitivity.

I was on the fence and ordered mine Tuesday. $239.99 instead of 299.99, shipping included, no out of state sales tax collected. TorkliftCentral Clarity Ecohitch

I also picked up a bike rack. I was looking at Kuats (Sherpa 2 and NV 2) which are really pretty seeing them in person, but $$$. I mainly need 1 bike though and rarely for 2, I ended up ordering a RockyMounts Monorail Solo (1 bike, but I can buy an add-on for 2nd bike). I will wait on the add-on as I couldn't find it on sale and haven't seen this rack in person.

RockMounts Monorail Solo - 60lbs 1-bike capacity (45 each with +1 addon).
    MSRP 299.99. CamelCamelCamel Usually 280+tax, prior sale minimums $225+tax on amazon.

@ Focus Camera : $229. Promocode: WHEELS = $206.10
    I also have a Chase Freedom card with paypal 5X points (7.5%), my final cost: $190.60

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Thanks for the heads up. It may be time for Santa to order my Christmas gift. We have the Kuat Sherpa for the Jeep. It would be a great option to be able to put the bikes on either car.

At 35# for the hitch, 40# for the rack and 2, 15# bikes it’ll be just over 100#.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  4. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

Anyone used a big 4 bike rack on the 2" version of this? I have the Thule Apex Swing that swings out from the car... Would it be too much weight on the back?

5. The hitch is rated for a 300# tongue weight, which is essentially what we are adding with a rack and bikes. The car is rated to carry ~800# of passengers and cargo.

Stay under the GVWR and all should be good.