Too much?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Timothy, Apr 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Timothy

Timothy Active Member

I placed this gently under the wiper of a SmartCar (I assume it was electric, it had an 'e' on it). In our parking garage there are two EV only spots right next to ChargePoint charging ports. There were many empty normal spots today.

"These are not special spots for us EV drivers to use because we are such wonderful people that we deserve special spots, they are special spots for us EV drivers to use when we are actually charging our cars. Thanks so much."

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

You are so nice!

I on the other hand would block the car that was not charging so it could not leave, and pull the cable over their car and plug mine in!

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Just curious but was this work or home?

5. Walt R

Walt R Active Member

It disheartens me to realize that there are many people just looking for a "privilege" they can take advantage of, regardless of their need or how it affects other people.

As the pure BEVs grow in range I expect there will be much fewer times when EV drivers "need" the charger, but I bet many will continue to plug in at every opportunity, whether for the novelty, the free electricity, or just to claim the spot.

Last week I went to our grocery that has a charging station, but parked next to it rather than in it, because I had 10 miles to spare on getting home already. Last time I went to the airport and plugged in, I wondered how many of those 250 mile range Teslas parked there had driven over 100 miles to get to the airport.

6. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

I went to a parking lot this week and there were 8 charging parking spots. All of them ICEd.

7. To remove this ad click here.